Snow Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
YAHOO!!! As I was getting out of my shower my cell phone rang. My wife brought it to me, but not in time. A second or two later my house phone was ringing. It was my office calling to see if I was planning on coming in. Well I was planning on it since it had only just started snowing and there was just the lightest dusting on the ground. The secretary tells me that the president was going to let everyone out at noon, but has decided just to tell people to stay home today. I was 5 minutes away from getting in the car. I can't remember the last time an office of mine just told me not to come in with the expectation of a big storm. I am very excited :)

Aren't snow days great GB??? I'm staring out the window watching the snow fall,wanting nothing more right now then to re-fill my coffee cup and just sit here and continue to watch the yard get covered. I have already started this morning by making a batch of Kadesma's Morning Glory Muffins and doing laundry so,I can indulge a little longer.My son and his wife are closing on the condo this morning (that's who the muffins are for)so I do eventually have to get my butt in gear to help with the move. Right now though I am enjoying the serenity and peace of the falling snow.Enjoy your snow day with your family, my friend!! Love and energy, Vicki

Thanks Red! My wife is bringing Rach to school right now and going to the supermarket on the way home. We will just let her stay in school for a few hours so we can get a little piece and quiet. Then I will teach DW how to build a fire in the wood stove (something she has wanted to learn for a while) and I will start our crock pot dinner. It should be a good day.

I love watching the snow fall Vicky. It is so serene. That is something I would really miss if I moved somewhere warmer.

I love watching the snow fall Vicky. It is so serene. That is something I would really miss if I moved somewhere warmer.

Watching it is one thing - driving in it is no fun at all ;)

We were supposed to get snow last night, but the temp stayed too warm and it's just raining. 39* right now. Enjoy your day off :)

Last edited:
I used to LOVE snow days....
Now it just means I have the extra kid to yell at......

GotGarlic I actually enjoy driving in it, but only if no one else is on the road and I am staying local. I love how quiet everything gets and you can head the snow crunching under the tires.

LOL suzi I know what you mean. That is why I am going to enjoy every second of quiet for the few hours Rach is at school :)

Yep, they are MUCH better when DH gets the same snow day, and there's 2 against 3 rather than just me vs. the mob!

Great news GB. Enjoy your day off. I've never had an employer call me and tell me to stay home...

...unless you count being laid off.

I have my own personal opinion about snow storms- there God's(or whatever you choose to call our higher power) way of saying-SLOW DOWN, and recharge your soul!!
love and energy, Vicki

Gosh GB, you must work for someone with common sense. Where I use to work, we were the only place in town to stay open, no matter what.:( I am so happy to be retired.

I work for a very small company so thankfully the employees are not just numbers to the management. I am quite fortunate.

I'd trade our freezing rain for your snow!
DH used to be mine manager in a big strip mine (coal), and really dreaded going to work in weather like this, as all the machines would ice up, the pumps and hoses would freeze, and everything was a general big mess.
Retirement is so fine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom