Snow in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
I came out of my bible study meeting tonight to see snow falling. Basingstoke does not normally have much snow and usually it doesn't happen until January.

It used to always snow Halloween where I live. It was like a given. A wet snow. Lately the falls have been really warm and the real snow has been coming later and later, but this fall has felt more like early winter, so I know we are due. The other corner of PA had 8" already. The lake keeps us (me) a little protected from that nonsense... for a while anyway.

sunday it was flaking all day but nothing stuck.... thank goodness...
MN is so wierd.
Halloween has been 70.... it's also had 2 feet of snow.
Not snow lately though, it's been COLD all year this time!
Hopefully it will stay away til after thanksgiving.

Oh Lord, it is too early for snow talk. How am I gonna make it through the next 5 months?

It used to always snow Halloween where I live. It was like a given. A wet snow. Lately the falls have been really warm and the real snow has been coming later and later, but this fall has felt more like early winter, so I know we are due. The other corner of PA had 8" already. The lake keeps us (me) a little protected from that nonsense... for a while anyway.

no snow where I am but 7 miles away , there is 5 inches of snow on the ground.

I'm so sorry you guys..... it's way way way to early for the icky white stuff.

It's actually 45 right now but feels like 38 with a freeze warning for tonight...in Georgia...and it's only October.

Our summer lasted forever. It is barely behaving like fall here. I have had to wear a light jacket a few nights, and it is supposed to get down to 32 degrees tonight and tomorrow night. So, I seriously doubt we will have to worry about snow this year. It doesn't usually snow here anyway, but we have had a little since I moved here, and we have occasional ice storms, but not too often.

:)Barbara

I'll let you guys know tomarrow how much snow( if any) we got. There is a lake snow advisory up until tomarrow night. So far we've had just a few flutters.

I spent today closing my eyes and pretending that I didn't see the snow! Last winter was so harsh that I just don't want to think about it yet.

Never Never Never snows here:(If you dont like the snow move to Florida...but then you will have to deal with tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding, humidity, bugs, gators........shall I go on?;):rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom