Snowshoes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toffiffeezz

Senior Cook
I know this is oot, but I'm excited! Hubby and I were able to buy our snow shoes today :w00t: it's something we've wanted for a while, just didn't have the extra for it. We went snow shoeing in March this year in the Rockies ,and we had a blast! The first two photos are from our adventure in March, and the last is our new snow shoes :D

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1388281931.050897.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1388281945.187483.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1388281957.209802.jpg

Are those two snowshoes sticking out of the snow your new ones? Fancy and high tech. I've only ever used the traditional kind with a wood frame and rawhide webbing. It's a great way to get around in the snow. You can get to lots of places that you can't get to on cross country skis.

Are those two snowshoes sticking out of the snow your new ones? Fancy and high tech. I've only ever used the traditional kind with a wood frame and rawhide webbing. It's a great way to get around in the snow. You can get to lots of places that you can't get to on cross country skis.

Yes, those are the new ones :) when I was little my dad had a set of the wood frame ones, and they were pretty neat. I like the new ones, better traction and easier to strap on.

Love those pics, Toffi! Thanks for sharing - looks like a good time was had by all. The snow is just beautiful. :)

Back
Top Bottom