So Disappointed in Food Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FN = travel here, travel there... travel, travel, everywhere.

rachel's traveling
guy's traveling
giada's traveling, etc, etc.

for me, it's 'good eats' and a quick turn to discovery home channel.

this network is falling apart in my opinion.

rachel's traveling
guy's traveling

You forgot Alton Brown and his 'Feasting on Asphalt' series

:):):)

Most business decisions are about maximizing profits, and minimizing costs, and I guess in this case increasing or holding on to Viewership. Ok, I'm cool with that. The question that keeps banging around in my head is... Who is the target audience?? What are the demographics they are trying to appleal to?

The question that keeps banging around in my head is... Who is the target audience?? What are the demographics they are trying to appleal to?
I think that is fairly obvious. It is people who do not know much about cooking, but are interested, and also people who enjoy food, but either don't have time to cook or the inclination to cook so they eat out for most of their meals.

rachel's traveling
guy's traveling

Do not forget that the name of the network is not The Cooking Network. All of those travel type shows do have something in common. They travel for food.

I think that is fairly obvious. It is people who do not know much about cooking, but are interested, and also people who enjoy food, but either don't have time to cook or the inclination to cook so they eat out for most of their meals.

So it was you that called my wife last night huh??? :ermm: That, in so many words is what I told her.

:LOL:

Most business decisions are about maximizing profits, and minimizing costs, and I guess in this case increasing or holding on to Viewership. Ok, I'm cool with that. The question that keeps banging around in my head is... Who is the target audience?? What are the demographics they are trying to appleal to?

I think they are primarily focusing on the general public now, not "foodies" like us. Makes sense, from a business standpoint, to maximize profits by getting the most viewers. In this case, there are a lot more viewers in the "general public" audience than in the "foodie" audience.

Because of this, they mold their shows into what the general public demands: lots of exitement and entertainment, which would explain the increase in travel shows and, more recently, reality shows.

Just my opinion..

Well, it sure isn't those of us who inhabit the cooking forums, that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom