So Disappointed in Food Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
They are doing a two hour marathon on "Gotta get it" gadgets. It's become a prime time infomercial.

I miss the cooking shows. I was okay with the traveling stuff but now they are selling products in the guise of "cool". It's just so wrong.

I've got to admit - what a bunch of crap! A plastic ice cream cone (that you can't eat) with a battery to turn the ice cream around so you just hold your tongue in one place and it wipes the ice cream past it? Gimme' a break! And the nut roasting pan ... an electric spaghetti fork (wasn't that invented and forgotten 30-40 years ago?) ... and ... and ... and ....

There were a "couple" of things that might have a "little" merit ... but there was so much "garbage" I can't remember what they were!!!

It was a comedy .... wonder if next year they will offer the Morimoto "Trout Ice Cream Maker"?

But - it has been ... entertaining.

Last edited:
I guess they are replaying it now (1 AM) - yeesh.

OK I am a sucker for a gadget, but this stuff really stinks.

A plastic ice cream cone (that you can't eat) with a battery to turn the ice cream around so you just hold your tongue in one place and it wipes the ice cream past it? Gimme' a break!
I guess some folks need help to eat their ice cream! :ROFLMAO:

Did you see any pickle pickers? I need to replace mine.... :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes:

It's things like this that turned me off to the Food Network 3 years ago. I used to watch all the time. I recently switched to FIOS...and I have no idea what channel the Food Network is even on.

Well I was not feeling well and was wide awake so I stayed up until 2am watching it. Those are some pretty poor excuses for products. I have to give the hosts a little bit of credit for at least saying some of them stunk, but they did not say that nearly enough.

There was one product which I thought was moderately cool though. It was the cooler you hook up to your laptop and it automatically mixes drinks for you. The price was ridiculous though and the worst part was...who the heck would want to have their laptop sitting next to a cooler of flowing alcohol. I bet it is covered in booze and juice withing the first 20 minutes of using it.

Well, Buck and I watched it through. Forced ourselves in the hopes that there would be something, anything, that seemed reasonable. Pretty sad offering. I nearly laughed out loud at the spaghetti fork. Sheesh! I can twirl my own fork. Just proves P.T. Barnum was right.

There was one product which I thought was moderately cool though. It was the cooler you hook up to your laptop and it automatically mixes drinks for you.

GB....I warned you about Life Lesson #72.

Anyway, a gadget marathon is a tad rough. The useful or nice looking things usually cost a fortune though.

I noticed they are now promoting their own version of cookware and dinnerware. Not like there arnt enough choices.

a fiber optic system.

Food Network is not primarily educational; it is first and foremost entertainment. Those shows that become too educational have limited value. PBS still has some good cooking shows.

It reminds me of MTV when it was about music. Now Food TV is no longer about food.
Bring the Food back PLEEEASE!

Big Rhino 2
"My inferiority complex is not as good as yours"

I used to watch FN a lot, but a lot of the shows aren't regularly shown now. I like Throwdown, Dinner: IMPOSSIBLE, and ICA. I'll watch 30 minute meals on occasion, and if I can the Essence of Emeril. Oh, and Giada on Everyday Italian isn't bad, but sometimes it does seem they try to accent her physical assets over her cooking ability.

Back
Top Bottom