"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2005, 01:29 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
darn i never changed my clocks yet !!!!!!! lol

Old 10-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #12
Sous Chef

I'd like to stay on DST all year. This "falling back" only helps me to drive to work in the light of morning for about a week, and then it's just as dark as it has been again. And the idea of it being pitch black at 5:00 has never appealed to me. I like DST and I'm glad it will be extended by several weeks in 2007.

BC

By the way, I counted as I changed clocks. I changed 26 timepieces of different types either last night or this morning. That includes cell phones and automobile clocks. That's a lot of clocks.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:56 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat

By the way, I counted as I changed clocks. I changed 26 timepieces of different types either last night or this morning. That includes cell phones and automobile clocks. That's a lot of clocks.
You're right - that's a LOT of clocks!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #14
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
26!?!?! WOW! The only important clocks to me are my alarm clock and my watch. I don't think half of mine are right anyway.... the little one is learning how to tell time and likes playing with the clocks in the house..... (that belongs in the things-that-drive-you-batty thread)
Old 10-30-2005, 03:25 PM   #15
Head Chef

We have just started daylight savings again and I love it because it has been getting light at 5:30am and now its not until 6:30am. Also we have more light of an evening which is nice. It always throws me out for a few days though.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #16
Sous Chef

I think I spend the entire hour that I gain changing clocks.

BC
Old 10-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #17
Executive Chef

I think we ought to do away with it as well. By Christmas, the sun won't be coming up here until after 0830. During the summer, the sun's up around 0500, and doesn't go down until almost 9:30 pm. Of course, living this far north doesn't help either.

I only changed two clocks yesterday, my watch and the alarm clock. Both cable boxes (digital) and the pc changed themselves. I set the van radio clock this afternoon, and PeppA reset both cell phones. I'll set the microwave when I can get to it, as currently my MIL has that counter stuffed with dishes needing to be cleaned, then packed away.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:51 PM   #18
Sous Chef

Doesn't matter to me if the sun comes up at 8:30 in the dead of Winter. If it's a weekday, I'm at work by 7, so it's very often dark at that time, and on the weekend I try to stay in bed until about 8 or 8:30. A perfect time for daybreak.

BC
Old 10-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Yep. I'm a little warped. I accidentally turned the clocks back LAST Saturday.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
Oh darn! I got up at 6 AM..not 7.

Just like in the Rehab Home. Nothing to do so I was going to sleep early..like 8PM so I would be out in the hall at 2:30 using my walker to strengthen my hip. Usually it was 4:30 though.I'd go in and take my "little washcloth bath" (too much info. huh..) put on my face, dress and walk to the dining room (154 steps) pluck a little flower of one of the tables..put it behind my left ear (right Wasabi?) stop at our Lounge and one of the gals would bring me cup of coffee while the rest of the "residents" woke up.

Marge
---------didn't mean to change the subject --------
You're just like me, Marge. I put on make up wherever I am and if there's a flower around, I put it behind my ear. It always pays to look pretty, and you Marge, you are beautiful insisde and out. Hope that hip is getting better everyday.

Oh, about daylight savings time. What dat?