So, I'm marrying soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
choosing bridesmaids, matron-of-honor, flowergirl, ringbearer, that sphiel.....
& they want ME to chef my own marraige!!!!!
yeah, i'm a chef, 'cept dagnabbin if my professional culinary talent & skills would prevail then!!!!!
if any other chef cooked thier own wedding meal, wow! i'd adore pointers!!
yours, luvs

Congratulations.. I wanted to cater my own wedding, but my now-wife would not allow it.. Plus, there were very few places that allowed us to even use the caterer of our choice. Most were hotels that required you use their services...

Anyways, Congratulations! Sorry I couldn't offer any tips...

-Brad

Congrats Luvs!

From the experiences I've had with reception halls, it's often similar to Brad's experience: They usually have a set caterer (or require you to use a commercial one). I know there are some places where you could probably do it, but.... This will be YOUR big day, I'd say plan the menu, then make someone else do the work while you enjoy yourself. You'll have had enugh to worry about by that point! ;)

John

Congrats Luvs!

From the experiences I've had with reception halls, it's often similar to Brad's experience: They usually have a set caterer (or require you to use a commercial one). I know there are some places where you could probably do it, but.... This will be YOUR big day, I'd say plan the menu, then make someone else do the work while you enjoy yourself. You'll have had enugh to worry about by that point! ;)

John

thanks & thanks.
loving that pointer as a deal!!
-luvs

guys, if i chef my shindig-
when feeding those tots & toddlers we would expect to see with thier Mum or Pops--
i figured veggies/dip, baked macaroni & cheese, then cake, or otherwise a taco or burger 'bar, from boca to turkey to angus, cheese slices, etc.
and cake. if you were 7, offer your pseudo-opinion. thanks!!
now to plan my adult menu. sighhhh. i'll probably be leaning to yins fer plenty of advice.
-luv, luvs

Last edited:
Personally, I would decide the adult menu first and then determine what dishes could be served either unaltered or with minor alterations (like a different sauce). Just means that you aren't running with too many dishes. Most kids will eat chicken or fish, so if that was on the adult menu, the kids could have the same as their parents, but instead of perhaps some fancy sauce on the adult plates, use cheese or tomato sauces on the kids. Makes the prep work easier.

Oh and congratulations by the way!

I've worked A LOT of wedding receptions, luvs. Usually, with buffet service, we don't do anything for the kiddies. For plated gigs, we usually do chicken tenders, fries, and fruit.

Hey, mazal tov, now if only I could understand your typing, I would love to say something else. But the only thing I understood is that you are talking about cooking your self, bad choice, and something about menu. Good luck any way.

Congratulations and good luck! My vote - let someone else cook - enjoy your day as a bride - it comes once in a lifetime (maybe twice). Congratulations!

P.S. You could and should tell them exactly what you want them to cook and how, and also have a tasting way before hand and if they can't make it the way you like get somebody else. I would find at least 3 caterers and have them checked simultaniously. Pick the one you like the best.

Hey, mazal tov, now if only I could understand your typing, I would love to say something else. But the only thing I understood is that you are talking about cooking your self, bad choice, and something about menu.quote]

awww, charlie:whistling
i'm from a where we speak differently & if yer from elsewhere, awww, you'll probably be kinda boggled. anyhows, thanks! smart of ya to suggest multiple food service providers.

That is what we did for my wife big birthday. We found a place and talked to 3 caterers. They provided us with sample menu and tasting day. We picked the one we liked the best and I told him what I would like him to do. It worked really well.

Back
Top Bottom