"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-16-2005, 10:29 PM   #11
Master Chef
[QUOTE=texasgirl]Man, you people get up too early, or stay up too late LOL QUOTE]

sometimes i've stayed up for 3 days in a row!

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to Lugaru
Well I got home around 4 am today and I have to admit I am in a terrible mood... the wedding and day's leading up to it were great but today has been terrible including lost luggage, an IRS letter (for something unexpected) and my cell phone is giving me major problems.

Now on to the good news: The trip was amazing. I had not seen my mom or sister in 4 years so we had a lot to talk about. Also the trip was marked by many cool coincidences... the most important being that I gave my sister a collected tome of 1968 Gourmete magazine issues... turns out it was the only one she was missing for her collection.

As for food we went to a few "on the cheap" places since none of us were expecting to spend too much including a very nice pho shop where I tried the vietnamese meat pie with my broken rice and it was like a really nice meatloaf.

The highlight (even moreso than the wedding) was going to the restaurant where Allan (the then fiancee now husband of my sister) works as a head chef (Big Buck). It's a game house which has a particularly un-gamey menu at the moment (we are between seasons and the suburbs people seem to prefer beef and chicken over veal and quail). Anyway's our meals were great but the chef decided to throw us each a free plate with a seared scallop, a sweet corn filled zuccini flower and some nice chili olio sauces to tie it together. The wedding was great too... they held it at a very attractive methodist church (it seemed like the common ground between catholic and baptist). Then the reception was at a nice cafe in Minneapolis called "dry dock" were we had BBQ roast chickens and slightly higher end versions of potato salad, quesadillas, pasta salad and kabobs.

My english, she's not so good... I meant to say I did it with the malice of forethought.
Lugaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Welcome back!!
I'm glad you had a nice time.

Sorry about the luggage and the IRS. What a pain!!!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #14
Master Chef
That's great that you got the year that she was missing, unbelievable. It's amazing when things like that happen.
Glad your back Lugaru and that you had a wonderful time.

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote