"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Thank you all so very much! I thank you all for understanding!

Yes, it is the evening when DA hits me. I'm afraid of her mental state. She also yells at me for the smallest of things, such as her tea not hot enough, although I make it the same every time. Sometimes she likes it, sometimes not. It is so confusing.
Night time is the worst time for Dementia, especially for family. All of the day's happenings have befuddled poor DA's mind and she loses touch with reality. Have her nap for 30 minutes in the afternoon and this may help with this behavior. It's important that you understand she (Aunty Stella) is not angry or upset with you ~Cat. Her befuddlement scares her as much or more than it scares you. If she yells at you, ask her why she is upset. Don't argue, it just goes around in circles, what adult likes to be told they are thinking wrongly. If the tea is too hot, warm it in the microwave for her. Even 10 seconds in the mircowave will support her and realize you are helping. If she is hitting, make sure she is safe and leave her alone for ten minutes then try again, explaining what you are doing, allow her to do what she can and offer your assistance.

Just remember DA LOVES you, always has, always will. It's the dementia that makes her hit you or yell. I hope some of this helps.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

Cat, I am so sorry you are going through all these changes. Changes are a part of life, but that doesn't always make them easy to handle.

I remember having to deal with my Dad's dementia and PF and Alix were both great helps. I send big hugs to you and DA. You are a very special young woman to handle all that you do the way that you do.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Cat, I am so sorry you are going through all these changes. Changes are a part of life, but that doesn't always make them easy to handle.

I remember having to deal with my Dad's dementia and PF and Alix were both great helps. I send big hugs to you and DA. You are a very special young woman to handle all that you do the way that you do.
This
Old 04-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
Master Chef

I hope you figure out situation with DA. Wish you well.
As far as your website. You do not have to invite us, though I do not know why wouldn't you. BUt at least you can tell us how to get there. I'd love to see it.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #15
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Night time is the worst time for Dementia, especially for family. All of the day's happenings have befuddled poor DA's mind and she loses touch with reality. Have her nap for 30 minutes in the afternoon and this may help with this behavior. It's important that you understand she (Aunty Stella) is not angry or upset with you ~Cat. Her befuddlement scares her as much or more than it scares you. If she yells at you, ask her why she is upset. Don't argue, it just goes around in circles, what adult likes to be told they are thinking wrongly. If the tea is too hot, warm it in the microwave for her. Even 10 seconds in the mircowave will support her and realize you are helping. If she is hitting, make sure she is safe and leave her alone for ten minutes then try again, explaining what you are doing, allow her to do what she can and offer your assistance.

Just remember DA LOVES you, always has, always will. It's the dementia that makes her hit you or yell. I hope some of this helps.
Oh my! I see. Mamma said this as much as you, and she has encouraged DA for a nap and told me to lie with her today, and I rubbed her back until she fell to sleep. I do love DA!

DA has been nice since Mamma came, and I am so happy! But you are right, I'm not arguing, I never have, I just try to be so very kind to her, no matter what.

If she hits, I will do as you say.

I know she loves me, I love her to no end! DA is not herself because of dementia or something bad and Mamma is here to asses this and help, yes?

With love,
~Cat
Old 04-24-2014, 04:36 AM   #16
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I hope you figure out situation with DA. Wish you well.
As far as your website. You do not have to invite us, though I do not know why wouldn't you. BUt at least you can tell us how to get there. I'd love to see it.
I am told one does not steal members from one website to another. This is unethical. I can't do this here. In the political forum, it is different, for I had a different set of circumstances for to be given of this website.

With love,
~Cat
Old 04-24-2014, 04:40 AM   #17
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

Thank you so very much! You are so kind!

With love,
~Cat
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh my! I see. Mamma said this as much as you, and she has encouraged DA for a nap and told me to lie with her today, and I rubbed her back until she fell to sleep. I do love DA!

DA has been nice since Mamma came, and I am so happy! But you are right, I'm not arguing, I never have, I just try to be so very kind to her, no matter what.

If she hits, I will do as you say.

I know she loves me, I love her to no end! DA is not herself because of dementia or something bad and Mamma is here to asses this and help, yes?

With love,
~Cat
Have the doctor check for a Urinary Tract Infection, this can cause the behaviors, too.

I know you do your best, sometimes you need others to help out, you have done a marvelous job of keeping DA happy and at home.

I'm proud of you.!

Love, PF
Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Have the doctor check for a Urinary Tract Infection, this can cause the behaviors, too.

I know you do your best, sometimes you need others to help out, you have done a marvelous job of keeping DA happy and at home.

I'm proud of you.!
Love, PF
We all are Cat. You have taken on the responsibilities of a job that often takes a team of professional health workers to do. And you are doing a great job.

With Mama Cat there with you, you will find it easier to concentrate on your finals which will be coming up shortly. Speak to a counselor and see if you can take them on line. That way, if it has been determined that you need to bring DA home to Romania earlier than planned, you will still be able to complete your school year on time.

Remember we all are pulling and praying for you and DA.

Love, Addie
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #20
Proud American

I thank all of you so very much!

There is now another change. Last week, we had sat down to have our dinner, and DA told Mamma to take my meal away from me, for I was bad. Mamma asked her how I was bad, and DA yelled at Mamma and said bad things of me and called me by my cousin's name.

My two cousins had come before me and they are terrible. They are so bad their trust funds have been revoked.

DA demanded her to take away my meal, and give it to Azia, my dog. I was hungry but I knew not to say anything. I hate to say this, but luckily DA is blind. Mamma took away my meal as she demanded, but said she was going to my lair to give it to Azia. Mamma whispered to follow her, and so Mamma took my meal and gave it to me in my lair so DA wouldn't see.

Mamma called Papa, and Uncle Nicu and his co-pilots arrived Saturday in his jet to take Mamma and DA home to Brasov. Mamma and DA left Sunday.

I am the owner of everything of DA now, and so Laki and her Mamma are moving in and renting the main house for very little. I have also a very nice stipend of DA's trust and so there is plenty for the property taxes and the extra utilities for the rest of my life. I am only charging them $200 a month, for this home is paid for.

I am keeping my Lair for my permanent American home with Carl. My Lair is as of a separate apartment in the basement, with two bedrooms. I don't know where life will take us.

Right now this house is so empty without DA. I don't know if I can do this, for tonight I feel so very sad and alone. But perhaps with Laki and her Mamma moving in this week, it will be better, yes?

I love you all, and I'm so sorry I was away of here. I miss all of you, but DA was failing and I needed the time with Mamma. My GPA has also dropped to 3.7 and I must fix this.

I'll make everything right, and I'm sorry I was away.

With very much love,
~Cat