"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 AM   #31
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Cat, I am proud of you. You did very well.

Having looked after my father in his last years, I had to watch him deteriorate like you have with DA. It is very hard. You made the right decisions and both you and DA are in a better situation.

You are very wise about your marriage. It took TB and I many years to realize some of those things.
Oh my! I thank you so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Too bad TBL didn't live nearby you. I know she would love to make your wedding cake. And it would be made with the love of all of us here at DC.

We are looking forward to your next adventure. Getting Catrina II on her way. That will be such an exciting time for you and Carl. He will see you at your very happiest. After that will come your next adventure of your wedding.

You did a fantastic job caring for DA ever since the day you arrived in her home. She couldn't have gotten better care if she had a professional member of the medical field caring for her. In later years you will look back at this time in your life with fond memories.

Start practicing your skills as a journalist writer and consider putting in book form your story about you and DA.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 AM   #33
Proud American

I thank all of you so very much! I may do this, Addie.

Laki and Mamma Belle are all moved in and I am very happy! The days when I was alone here were awful, I was terribly lonely. Carl and Laki would visit but they left, and this house was so lonely, as if it cried for life within its walls. I cried myself to sleep sometimes.

But now our home is full of fun and love again! Mamma Belle is a wonderful cook! She can save money now and not to worry of a mean landlord. There are no rats or bugs, and she feels as if in a palace. She is a cleaning and cooking zombie here, taking care of all DA's beautiful furniture and everything I was given.

I must tell something very funny. Sometimes Mamma Belle has to use her motor wheelchair when she hurts badly. One day, she was in her motor wheelchair and needed to use the bathroom on the main floor. My cat Misty likes to ride on the Roombas, and so as Mamma Belle was turning her chair to enter the bathroom, Misty on the Roomba went in front of her. Mamma Belle yelled, "What the ******** is THAT!!"

She had never seen a cat on a Roomba, and so I explained it to her. She had also never seen a Roomba. Now she is certain that Misty is possessed and I'm too lazy to vacuum.

She is adapting well.

With love,
~Cat
Old 05-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #34
Master Chef

Cat on a Roomba! Cat, it sounds like there will never be a dull moment around there with Laki and her Mom. And Carl too.

Now you can relax, knowing you were perfect for your DA when she was there. Now she is in the place that is perfect for her at this stage of her life.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:27 AM   #35
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Cat on a Roomba! Cat, it sounds like there will never be a dull moment around there with Laki and her Mom. And Carl too.

Now you can relax, knowing you were perfect for your DA when she was there. Now she is in the place that is perfect for her at this stage of her life.
Yes, my DA is happy now and I thank you so very much! I just miss her badly but now these walls ring with life and happiness again. This home is full of DA's spirit and love, and now I am so lucky to have Laki and Mamma Belle here who love this home as much as I!

Misty loves the Roombas! Mamma Belle is still trying to understand a very odd cat. Mamma Belle is adapting.

With love,
~Cat
Old 05-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That would have been precious to see. Thanks for sharing it! Gave me a good laugh this morning.