So Wegmans finally opened...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
All I can say is WOW. I missed the Grand Opening, but just went last night, and I must say that this place is AMAZING. I've been in large grocery stores before, but this is nothing like any other store I've ever been to.

I only had time to spend about 30 minutes there, and I barely scratched the surface of everything they have to offer there. Their "Market Cafe" is a huge area with seating for 300 (including outdoor patio) that offers a full-scale chinese buffet, pizza shop, sub shop, seafood bar, sushi bar, and several other make-to-order food stations.

Their cheese department is ridiculously large, with I think of 300 different cheeses to choose from, plus a full-time "Cheese Connoisseur" to answer questions. Plus, they have a huge organic/natural section, and a huge international foods section.

Just thought I'd share.. :rolleyes:

PS....what the heck can you do with a CACTUS LEAF?!? (found in the produce section)

We don't have a Wegman's here. I was at my mom's house when she got a flier about Wegman's opening and she was looking forward to it. She lives not to far from you Chave.

Our closest one is about 45 minutes away, so we don't go all that often.

They are incredible stores.

I am close to a couple of those Wegman's stores. One of them is a small one which is minus a lot of the goodies the big stores have.

I've never heard of Wegman's before. Sounds like a wonderful grocery store! I love those places that you can get all you need in one place (even more so when I have the kids with me, which is always. ha ha)
Our new Trader Joes is opening next weekend. Whoohoo!

In the new Wegmans stores that have just opened,

do they have Christmas items out yet? They had them out last week in the
store near me. They post a sign to try and convince everyone that it is the
customers who want Christmas shopping to start the end of September and not greed on the stores part. How many people actually want the
Christman shopping season to be 3 months long? Christmas is my favorite holiday and I don't need three months of "buy buy buy". I wonder why stores don't put out Nativity scenes in September. After all THAT is what Christman is about.

'

Last edited:
Wow! Mrs Hoot used to live in Mechanicsburg. She has 2 sisters that live there.
We might have to take a road trip soon and check out that place. How do you get to that place, say, from the Gingerbread Man on Main St.?

Wow! Mrs Hoot used to live in Mechanicsburg. She has 2 sisters that live there.
We might have to take a road trip soon and check out that place. How do you get to that place, say, from the Gingerbread Man on Main St.?

Are you familiar with the Carlisle Pike? That's where it is...about 2 miles or so up from the Silver Springs shopping center (where Wal-Mart is). Depending on how long it's been since you've lived there, you may be suprised at how much it's grown commercial-wise.

Thanks, I know where Silver Springs is. Matter of fact, she used to live in Carlisle for awhile too.
We always try to get up that way for Jubilee Day every June. We might get up there again afore the snow starts flying. She lived there for 20 + years and still hates the snow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom