So what did you get for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got to many nice gifts to list. no cooking stuff. got $100.00 card for walmart. already spent it on a nice chair for my computer room. now i can put the dining room chair i have been using back where it belongs.

all my gifts for the great grand babies were a big hit. lilly went straight for her rocking chair. georgia's trike was just the right size. aubrey the four year old was just thrilled with all her Rapunzel bed things i made and bought. had a wonderful christmas.

my best gift was getting better from recent cold related sickies.

That sounds wonderful. There is nothing quite like seeing their eyes light up with the perfect gift. I just can't get over it. But I guess I'm fairly new at this too :rolleyes:

We had a really nice Christmas too. We're exchanging gifts with my mom tomorrow so maybe I will have to update again :). I couldn't afford to get my mom anything this year so I bought her dinner tonight and tomorrow I'm fixing a nice brunch for us.

Okay, so what fun and exciting things did everyone get for Christmas? New cookbooks? Cookware? Knives? Something non-cooking?

Cooking wise I got the Star Trek pizza cutter and Klingon corkscrew and a TARDIS cookie jar from ThinkGeek.com.

I am so stealing that idea I know someone both trekkie and chef who'd love all that next year!

I got a great bag for my laptop, a new blender and some organic perfume - bliss!

YES! I cannot wait to try it out. I'm going to make pizza later this week. I may pull out the Star Trek dishes for the occasion. :)

That is geeky-perfection! So tell me, James T. or Jean Luc?

A Dutch Oven! That's why I joined this site! : )

I just got my 2011 Farmer's Almanac. There is a group for lovers of Dutch Ovens with contests and clubs in many states. How fun is that?? Welcome to DC!

PF, how is the kindle?

Santa was very good to me. I received some silver charms for my bracelet, a silver cross necklace, a Black and Decker cultivator, a book on wine-making, and some hand-made chocolates by a local chocolatier. My nieces and nephew bought me a pretty stone and metal necklace. Oh, and I got a toilet ring with a promise of installation. :wub:

Frank got a new chef's knife, sausage-making attachment for his KA and a how-to book, a King Arthur Cookbook with a baguette pan and bread-rising bowl, some silly (but very cute) knife rests shaped like kitties, and a few small BBQ gadgets.

The best part for us was being together for the holiday, and seeing my family, sister, and her awesome kids.

~Kathleen

a crucifix on a sterling chain from my Mom, got a 'puter from my Mom's guy, these great boots & other items from his son/daughter; my Mom gave me a gazillion items, i got my beloved candy & that, & i'll be getting my new phone soon. other people gave me great gifts, too~ i luved being w/ those i luv. they mean so much 2 me. got 2 spend 6 days w/ them.

PF, how is the kindle? ~Kathleen

It just got here tonight! We had a heck of a time getting the wireless to work at first, until I turned off the wireless router and turned it back on and then the Kindle sprang to life in my hand.

I downloaded the new Dean Kootnz and am on the third chapter...then I had to play with downloading my wishlist, creating collections, etc.

I finally turned it off after spending a little over $50. But, I got my Taber's Medical 'Cyclopedia and a Nurses Drug Book downloaded along with some of my favorite Science-Fiction titles.

My dilemma tonight was play with the Kindle or check on DC...now it's time to go to bed...:(

Yes, the Kindle has a name...:LOL:

Please let me know how you like it in a few days...I've been considering one and am wondering if I should get a Kindle or a knock-off. What did you name it? if you don't like it you could name it ..Ing... as in Kindle-ing! I just kill myself!!!

Please let me know how you like it in a few days...I've been considering one and am wondering if I should get a Kindle or a knock-off. What did you name it? if you don't like it you could name it ..Ing... as in Kindle-ing! I just kill myself!!!

I already love the heck out of it. I named it Fiona's Brain.:LOL:

I like Kindle-ing:ROFLMAO:

I love mine. Had it for over 2 years now. Mine is the first generation.

Mine is named Fugawi.

That is geeky-perfection! So tell me, James T. or Jean Luc?

I just got my 2011 Farmer's Almanac. There is a group for lovers of Dutch Ovens with contests and clubs in many states. How fun is that?? Welcome to DC!

PF, how is the kindle?

Santa was very good to me. I received some silver charms for my bracelet, a silver cross necklace, a Black and Decker cultivator, a book on wine-making, and some hand-made chocolates by a local chocolatier. My nieces and nephew bought me a pretty stone and metal necklace. Oh, and I got a toilet ring with a promise of installation. :wub:

Frank got a new chef's knife, sausage-making attachment for his KA and a how-to book, a King Arthur Cookbook with a baguette pan and bread-rising bowl, some silly (but very cute) knife rests shaped like kitties, and a few small BBQ gadgets.

The best part for us was being together for the holiday, and seeing my family, sister, and her awesome kids.

~Kathleen
A toilet ring? Is that a fancy Toilet seat?

LOL I think it's the wax ring to keep the toilet from leaking. Better than paying someone else. Good gift.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom