"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #41
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i got to many nice gifts to list. no cooking stuff. got $100.00 card for walmart. already spent it on a nice chair for my computer room. now i can put the dining room chair i have been using back where it belongs.

all my gifts for the great grand babies were a big hit. lilly went straight for her rocking chair. georgia's trike was just the right size. aubrey the four year old was just thrilled with all her Rapunzel bed things i made and bought. had a wonderful christmas.

my best gift was getting better from recent cold related sickies.
That sounds wonderful. There is nothing quite like seeing their eyes light up with the perfect gift. I just can't get over it. But I guess I'm fairly new at this too

We had a really nice Christmas too. We're exchanging gifts with my mom tomorrow so maybe I will have to update again . I couldn't afford to get my mom anything this year so I bought her dinner tonight and tomorrow I'm fixing a nice brunch for us.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Two kilo of Hochland coffee beans.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #43
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Okay, so what fun and exciting things did everyone get for Christmas? New cookbooks? Cookware? Knives? Something non-cooking?

Cooking wise I got the Star Trek pizza cutter and Klingon corkscrew and a TARDIS cookie jar from ThinkGeek.com.
I am so stealing that idea I know someone both trekkie and chef who'd love all that next year!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #44
Senior Cook

I got a great bag for my laptop, a new blender and some organic perfume - bliss!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #45
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiabi View Post
I am so stealing that idea I know someone both trekkie and chef who'd love all that next year!
Better order them now. No guarantee they will still be available next year.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #46
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My Kindle will be here today!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #47
Senior Cook

Quote:
Better order them now. No guarantee they will still be available next year.
Thanks for the tip. It is a great gift.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #48
Cupcake

Quote:
YES! I cannot wait to try it out. I'm going to make pizza later this week. I may pull out the Star Trek dishes for the occasion.
That is geeky-perfection! So tell me, James T. or Jean Luc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAkins View Post
A Dutch Oven! That's why I joined this site! : )
I just got my 2011 Farmer's Almanac. There is a group for lovers of Dutch Ovens with contests and clubs in many states. How fun is that?? Welcome to DC!

PF, how is the kindle?

Santa was very good to me. I received some silver charms for my bracelet, a silver cross necklace, a Black and Decker cultivator, a book on wine-making, and some hand-made chocolates by a local chocolatier. My nieces and nephew bought me a pretty stone and metal necklace. Oh, and I got a toilet ring with a promise of installation.

Frank got a new chef's knife, sausage-making attachment for his KA and a how-to book, a King Arthur Cookbook with a baguette pan and bread-rising bowl, some silly (but very cute) knife rests shaped like kitties, and a few small BBQ gadgets.

The best part for us was being together for the holiday, and seeing my family, sister, and her awesome kids.

~Kathleen
Old 12-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #49
Master Chef

a crucifix on a sterling chain from my Mom, got a 'puter from my Mom's guy, these great boots & other items from his son/daughter; my Mom gave me a gazillion items, i got my beloved candy & that, & i'll be getting my new phone soon. other people gave me great gifts, too~ i luved being w/ those i luv. they mean so much 2 me. got 2 spend 6 days w/ them.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #50
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenA View Post
PF, how is the kindle? ~Kathleen
It just got here tonight! We had a heck of a time getting the wireless to work at first, until I turned off the wireless router and turned it back on and then the Kindle sprang to life in my hand.

I downloaded the new Dean Kootnz and am on the third chapter...then I had to play with downloading my wishlist, creating collections, etc.

I finally turned it off after spending a little over $50. But, I got my Taber's Medical 'Cyclopedia and a Nurses Drug Book downloaded along with some of my favorite Science-Fiction titles.

My dilemma tonight was play with the Kindle or check on DC...now it's time to go to bed...

Yes, the Kindle has a name...