So who are you? Tell us about yourself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

no mayonnaise

Sous Chef
We should all get to know each other a little bit. My name is João and I come from El Salvador. I am an immigrant to the United States. My family came here in 1998 and they have all been deported but luckily I wasn't home when la migra came in and took them.
Now I cook in a kitchen and I love to cook food. I like to make Panes Rellenos and beans and I drink Coca Cola or beer. I wake up and drink a Clamato beer every day when I wake up and I start cooking.
Here is me at Halloween of 2009
42748-albums870-picture4641.jpg

Notice my movie collection.
I have started to go on a diet before the summer starts and so I am also looking for low fat, low carb, vegan, raw recipes with no gluten so if anyone can help I would apprecitate it.
Happy cooking everyone and be safe.

No Mayo, we actually have a whole section under the Introductions forum for getting to know so and so threads. You will find a lot of info there.

Maybe one of the mods can moves this there and we can do the question and answer thing with you as we have others. I will start with a couple.

Do you cook for a living? And if so, in a restaurant?

If you could only eat five dishes for the rest of your life, what would they be (can be anything from appetizers, mains, desserts, etc.)?

Love the costume by the way.

We should all get to know each other a little bit. My name is João and I come from El Salvador. I am an immigrant to the United States. My family came here in 1998 and they have all been deported but luckily I wasn't home when la migra came in and took them.
Now I cook in a kitchen and I love to cook food. I like to make Panes Rellenos and beans and I drink Coca Cola or beer. I wake up and drink a Clamato beer every day when I wake up and I start cooking.
Here is me at Halloween of 2009
42748-albums870-picture4641.jpg

Notice my movie collection.
I have started to go on a diet before the summer starts and so I am also looking for low fat, low carb, vegan, raw recipes with no gluten so if anyone can help I would apprecitate it.
Happy cooking everyone and be safe.

lol, serio? Creo que están jugando.

My wife is from El Salvador and I've been there once. The country was beautiful but our visit was during their civil war so things were a bit hairy. I was not used to seeing teen-aged boy soldiers with AK-47's EVERYWHERE. The daily water ration/shut off were a trip.

My wife is from El Salvador and I've been there once. The country was beautiful but our visit was during their civil war so things were a bit hairy. I was not used to seeing teen-aged boy soldiers with AK-47's EVERYWHERE. The daily water ration/shut off were a trip.

Why does that remind me of Don Henley's "All She Wants to do is Dance?"

Do you cook for a living? And if so, in a restaurant?

If you could only eat five dishes for the rest of your life, what would they be (can be anything from appetizers, mains, desserts, etc.)?

Love the costume by the way.

Thank you for your gracious ways and I will answer the questions.
I cook for a living at Whataburger. I choose Whataburger because they have good recipes for the cheeseburgers and I get a free meal. I feel like it is a good fit for my life style. My new diet will be difficult with cheeseburgers and delicious bacon around me all day filling my head with desires.

My 5 dishes would be ants on a log, toad in a hole, pigs in a blanket, Fugu, and cheeseburgers.

Toad in a hole is essentially a piece of buttered bread, with a hole cut out of the center, that is put on a grill/griddle with an egg cracked into the "hole" in the bread. Kind of an all-in-one poached egg.

In addition to the American egg Toad in the Hole, there is also a totally different British version.
Typically the Toad in the Hole is sausages cooked in a popover/Yorkshire pudding batter and topped with delicious onion gravy.
Fantastic!!

img_1120193_0_cc6b4986f1dc84bd8de6e8c5de00e63a.jpg

this remained nds me of socrates'last words, "i drank WHAT?"

ok, getting back on topic: i yam what i yam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom