"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Sous Chef

So who are you? Tell us about yourself

We should all get to know each other a little bit. My name is Joćo and I come from El Salvador. I am an immigrant to the United States. My family came here in 1998 and they have all been deported but luckily I wasn't home when la migra came in and took them.
Now I cook in a kitchen and I love to cook food. I like to make Panes Rellenos and beans and I drink Coca Cola or beer. I wake up and drink a Clamato beer every day when I wake up and I start cooking.
Here is me at Halloween of 2009

Notice my movie collection.
I have started to go on a diet before the summer starts and so I am also looking for low fat, low carb, vegan, raw recipes with no gluten so if anyone can help I would apprecitate it.
Happy cooking everyone and be safe.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

No Mayo, we actually have a whole section under the Introductions forum for getting to know so and so threads. You will find a lot of info there.

Maybe one of the mods can moves this there and we can do the question and answer thing with you as we have others. I will start with a couple.

Do you cook for a living? And if so, in a restaurant?

If you could only eat five dishes for the rest of your life, what would they be (can be anything from appetizers, mains, desserts, etc.)?

Love the costume by the way.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Executive Chef

I am a mystery, inside a riddle, wrapped in an enigma.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Executive Chef

I am a regular guy who is sometimes irregular....
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mayonnaise View Post
We should all get to know each other a little bit. My name is Joćo and I come from El Salvador. I am an immigrant to the United States. My family came here in 1998 and they have all been deported but luckily I wasn't home when la migra came in and took them.
Now I cook in a kitchen and I love to cook food. I like to make Panes Rellenos and beans and I drink Coca Cola or beer. I wake up and drink a Clamato beer every day when I wake up and I start cooking.
Here is me at Halloween of 2009

Notice my movie collection.
I have started to go on a diet before the summer starts and so I am also looking for low fat, low carb, vegan, raw recipes with no gluten so if anyone can help I would apprecitate it.
Happy cooking everyone and be safe.
lol, serio? Creo que estįn jugando.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Master Chef

My wife is from El Salvador and I've been there once. The country was beautiful but our visit was during their civil war so things were a bit hairy. I was not used to seeing teen-aged boy soldiers with AK-47's EVERYWHERE. The daily water ration/shut off were a trip.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
My wife is from El Salvador and I've been there once. The country was beautiful but our visit was during their civil war so things were a bit hairy. I was not used to seeing teen-aged boy soldiers with AK-47's EVERYWHERE. The daily water ration/shut off were a trip.
Why does that remind me of Don Henley's "All She Wants to do is Dance?"
Old 03-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Do you cook for a living? And if so, in a restaurant?

If you could only eat five dishes for the rest of your life, what would they be (can be anything from appetizers, mains, desserts, etc.)?

Love the costume by the way.
Thank you for your gracious ways and I will answer the questions.
I cook for a living at Whataburger. I choose Whataburger because they have good recipes for the cheeseburgers and I get a free meal. I feel like it is a good fit for my life style. My new diet will be difficult with cheeseburgers and delicious bacon around me all day filling my head with desires.

My 5 dishes would be ants on a log, toad in a hole, pigs in a blanket, Fugu, and cheeseburgers.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
Executive Chef

What is a toad in a hole?

I have a post in the getting to know section. It is Getting to Know - purple.alien.giraffe

Feel free to ask questions or just read what has already been asked and answered.

I like the costume. If you'd like, I'd be happy to ask you questions on a getting to know you post. Just let me know if you want "normal" questions or my more creative questions.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
What is a toad in a hole?
Toad in a hole is essentially a piece of buttered bread, with a hole cut out of the center, that is put on a grill/griddle with an egg cracked into the "hole" in the bread. Kind of an all-in-one poached egg.