"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Do I love my car? A car is a car, no, I don't love it. I'll save love for family,my beautiful grandbabies,my friends here at DC, my mom's little dog who is now mine, good food, being alive...staying healthy now.

kadesma

Old 01-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Kadesma, you reminded me of a skit my church drama team is going to do next month. I am writing it, but the original idea wasn't mine. It starts with a couple teens eating pizza, and one says he loves pizza. It then goes into three kinds of love--romantic love (James and I will do that part), brotherly love, and Godly love.

Okay, the reasons I like my Toyota Corolla are:

1. First car that was all mine (got it before I met James)
2. Very dependable and runs great
3. Paid for (My mom and dad paid for it, I paid a few thousand toward it, then my dad stopped cashing my checks for it.)
4. Easy on gas

Why I like my Geo Storm:

1. Fun to drive
2. Our biggest ebay purchase
3. Gave us an excuse to take a little vacation (Greyhound to pick it up and drove it home)
4. Because of it we met Kia, from Trading Spaces (We were lost in Philadelphia and buying a map, and she was getting gas. She was SO NICE!)
5. It's cute and I love the color!
6. James would shoot me if I didn't include dual overhead cam engine, and (in his booming voice) last of the big block 4 cylinders! (he's a big kid)

Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our new car.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	3362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trip to Pennsylvania 001.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	3363  

Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #13
Sous Chef

I love my truck because I bought it by myself 9 years ago all on my own and got the loan for it with no co-signing from my dad like my first car. It was something I really wanted and I went for it.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I've always been pretty utilitarian as far as my vehicles are concerned. Having said that, I love my car because it's paid for and gets me from point "A" to point "B" and any other points I choose to go.

I'm not into style, speed and/or options, so a car dealer would find me very frustrating. I simply want 4 wheels and an adequate place to sit as I drive. We don't have a garage or carport, so any car is subject to the elements 24/7.

In a nutshell, I love my car because it's mine and it does what I want it to do.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

bmw

i don't drive and never have. have had two cars for others to drive me in. lol
bmw was the last one. needless to say everyone wanted to drive me in that car. anywhere i wanted to go.

babe
Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
Master Chef

I don't think I really love my car, don't hate it either. It's a minivan, need it cause we have three kids.
My pickup, that I loved, was totaled two years ago (we escaped no injuries!) and I haven't replaced it yet. When I do, I will get another pickup and will be sure to love it!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #17
Head Chef

I love my car because it gets 41 mph and it is NOT as expensive to maintain and drive as my old Volvo.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I have two ford trucks and love them both they both serve their purpose not as good on gas as an economy car but I only drive one of them maybe twice a month the other is in garage DH has a Dodge diesel which he hardly ever drives as the ranch provides him his work truck. All our trucks have 4 wheel drive which we need at times (deep mud and snow). My 2003 ford has a fiber glass topper so to keep my shopping secure when I go on the bi monthly grocery run which entails several stores and alot of supplies. I love my trucks all paid for and no repair problems.We are really good at maintaining our vehicles so no problem there.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I've always been pretty utilitarian as far as my vehicles are concerned. Having said that, I love my car because it's paid for and gets me from point "A" to point "B" and any other points I choose to go.

I'm not into style, speed and/or options, so a car dealer would find me very frustrating. I simply want 4 wheels and an adequate place to sit as I drive. We don't have a garage or carport, so any car is subject to the elements 24/7.

In a nutshell, I love my car because it's mine and it does what I want it to do.
You must have a mini-van like me!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
You must have a mini-van like me!
Funny thing you should say that...I've never had a van. However, I am the queen of the station wagon. As a matter of fact, Buck and I have 2 station wagons now. We used to have a truck but I wrecked it and almost died in the process. The truck was handy to transport furniture for our restoration business. Now we use our station wagons for the same purpose. When we need to move large pieces, we borrow a truck from a friend.