So why do you love your car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
I was very grumpy today as I had to pay for my car to be repaired and I HATE paying for car repairs - always think of everything I could have bought from that money ! But then I thought about what I love about my little(well little in 4x4 terms:) old car - here goes :

1. It's one of the cars in South Africa least likely to be hijacked or stolen.
2. I can't drive fast enough to get serious speeding tickets.
3. I can park on pavements !

And then I felt better. Here's a picture of the Blue Lady (you have to buy the bulldog seperately though :LOL:)

Attachments

• 00083.jpg
    00083.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 169
I like my car b/c I get 30 mpg where our pick-up gets maybe 10.
Oh, and because it was free!

I love my car because:

1. It's paid for.
2. Reliable (no problems since I bought it)
3. Has an excellent track record for reliability and will last well over 200,000 miles when properly cared for.
4. Excellent gas milage
5. Low emissions!!!!!!

I hate having to pay for repairs, too. I recently spent $250 when the driver's side window fell down inside the door and wouldn't go back up. She's reliable, gets very good gas mileage, I can haul stuff in it and on it, and I recently got a new stereo so now I can plug in and listen to all my music! Whoo Hooo.

Here she is (Mazda Protege 5)

Attachments

• Flagstaff New Car1.jpg
    Flagstaff New Car1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 204
Do I love my car? A car is a car, no, I don't love it. I'll save love for family,my beautiful grandbabies,my friends here at DC, my mom's little dog who is now mine, good food, being alive...staying healthy now.

kadesma:)

Kadesma, you reminded me of a skit my church drama team is going to do next month. I am writing it, but the original idea wasn't mine. It starts with a couple teens eating pizza, and one says he loves pizza. It then goes into three kinds of love--romantic love (James and I will do that part), brotherly love, and Godly love. :cool:

Okay, the reasons I like my Toyota Corolla are:

1. First car that was all mine (got it before I met James)
2. Very dependable and runs great
3. Paid for (My mom and dad paid for it, I paid a few thousand toward it, then my dad stopped cashing my checks for it.)
4. Easy on gas

Why I like my Geo Storm:

1. Fun to drive
2. Our biggest ebay purchase
3. Gave us an excuse to take a little vacation (Greyhound to pick it up and drove it home)
4. Because of it we met Kia, from Trading Spaces (We were lost in Philadelphia and buying a map, and she was getting gas. She was SO NICE!)
5. It's cute and I love the color!
6. James would shoot me if I didn't include dual overhead cam engine, and (in his booming voice) last of the big block 4 cylinders! (he's a big kid)

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Our new car.jpg
    Our new car.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Trip to Pennsylvania 001.jpg
    Trip to Pennsylvania 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I love my truck because I bought it by myself 9 years ago all on my own and got the loan for it with no co-signing from my dad like my first car. It was something I really wanted and I went for it.

I've always been pretty utilitarian as far as my vehicles are concerned. Having said that, I love my car because it's paid for and gets me from point "A" to point "B" and any other points I choose to go.

I'm not into style, speed and/or options, so a car dealer would find me very frustrating. I simply want 4 wheels and an adequate place to sit as I drive. We don't have a garage or carport, so any car is subject to the elements 24/7.

In a nutshell, I love my car because it's mine and it does what I want it to do.

bmw

i don't drive and never have. have had two cars for others to drive me in. lol
bmw was the last one. needless to say everyone wanted to drive me in that car. anywhere i wanted to go.

babe:cool::cool:

I don't think I really love my car, don't hate it either. It's a minivan, need it cause we have three kids.
My pickup, that I loved, was totaled two years ago (we escaped no injuries!) and I haven't replaced it yet. When I do, I will get another pickup and will be sure to love it!

I love my car because it gets 41 mph and it is NOT as expensive to maintain and drive as my old Volvo.

:) I have two ford trucks and love them both they both serve their purpose not as good on gas as an economy car but I only drive one of them maybe twice a month the other is in garage DH has a Dodge diesel which he hardly ever drives as the ranch provides him his work truck. All our trucks have 4 wheel drive which we need at times (deep mud and snow). My 2003 ford has a fiber glass topper so to keep my shopping secure when I go on the bi monthly grocery run which entails several stores and alot of supplies. I love my trucks all paid for and no repair problems.We are really good at maintaining our vehicles so no problem there.

I've always been pretty utilitarian as far as my vehicles are concerned. Having said that, I love my car because it's paid for and gets me from point "A" to point "B" and any other points I choose to go.

I'm not into style, speed and/or options, so a car dealer would find me very frustrating. I simply want 4 wheels and an adequate place to sit as I drive. We don't have a garage or carport, so any car is subject to the elements 24/7.

In a nutshell, I love my car because it's mine and it does what I want it to do.
You must have a mini-van like me!:LOL:

You must have a mini-van like me!:LOL:

Funny thing you should say that...I've never had a van. However, I am the queen of the station wagon. As a matter of fact, Buck and I have 2 station wagons now. We used to have a truck but I wrecked it and almost died in the process. The truck was handy to transport furniture for our restoration business. Now we use our station wagons for the same purpose. When we need to move large pieces, we borrow a truck from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom