Soccer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Euro 2000? I don't know if that is right or not. This family is big soccer fans. Last night they hardly knew what they were eating as they were excited about the game between Spain and Russia. Very good game. Spain won 3 to 0. Now Sunday GErman vs. Spain. We record it to avoid the commercials. I love soccer when it is played with professionals. Not lot of chopping, or cheap hits that annoy us. I do know a referee can make or break one team over the other. When my ex was pro referee he called the game as he saw it. The locals around here disowned him as he could have ignored the call that made the other team win. One thing about my ex is he was honest when it came to his soccer. I just hope I have the right name for the event. It isn't world cup but something only played in Europe. If anyone saw World Cup they would have gotten to see Zadane play. Now that man was real impressive. At the last game of his career he headed some guy and not only helped lose the game but got ejected because of the action. Pele was another good player. Guess I couldn't help being interest ed in soccer. Now it is cycling with Lance ARmonstrong. Oh, he is over with too.

At the last game of his career he headed some guy and not only helped lose the game but got ejected because of the action.

That man was the italian player Materazzi.
It is said Materazzi said something not so nice about Zidanes mother? sister?

The Euro 2008 is played in Austria & Switzerland, and having a complete soccer-mad husband we watched almost every match...
some were quite nice, others totally boring..
some surprises, like Italy, the world cup winner from 2006, didn't survive preliminary round, the netherlands were kicked out by Russia (YESSS!!) and spain is our opponent in the Final.
Of course we will win :cool:

last german match - agianst Turkey - we watched in the beergarden and afterwards went into the inner city for the celebration tour.
That was really impressing, tousands of people celebrating together, hundreds of cars horning through the streets - the three miles-tour around the citiy-ring took us 45 min ,o))

some imprssions from the celebrating, not in Hannover, but in Muenster, wich is about 150km west of hannover:
david_halbfinale's slideshow on Flickr

Last edited:
Futbol?? LOL. We have a soccer stadium to the south of us, the Chicago Fire or something like that. I have been thinking of taking the kids there, but seems there are always fights and riots breaking out in the parking lot from all the tailgater's that are way way too drunk for anybodies good.

thank you, cara, for the pictures. Can't wait to show everyone I know someone who will be in the final game. I am sure they all feel Germany will win. They always root for Germany here. Makes someone so nervous. I don't know how they can eat and watch a game. I can't look away when they play. Hope the weather is nice. So the town is all in on the game too? Brings the people closer when they are all rooting for the same team. I went to world cup on our honeymoon and was t old to keep my mouth shut when the games were played. People are too serious about it.

So you did see the game with Zidane? didn't you just think he was the greatest player? Of course, Germany isn't shabby when it comes to good players. I love when they show some of them in t he stands. Like to see how they look today. My family said I missed them showing Zidane. I don't believe them that he was in the stands. Did you see him?

Thanks ever so much for sharing the pict ures. Makes me feel worthy to these guys here.

ITK,
they say the weather will be good and dry tomorrow ;o)
We may go to the beergarden again to watch the final.
I hope they will win, even if they haven't shown the best soccer - but they were lucky..
It's not yet known if Michael Ballack will play tomorrow, he somehow injured his calf, would be really bad if not.
Did you know that Per Mertesacker comes from the same town than I do? :cool:

I watched almost all matches of the FIFA WorldCuo 2006, four games were located here in Hannover, but I did not go into the stadium, it was very very hard to get tickets....

Zidane was a very good player, but not the only one.. there were Germanys Podolski and Klose, Iltaly's Luca Toni and the Goalkeeper Buffon, and all the others...
Zidanes worst mistake was his attempt against Materazzi, if he wouldn't have done this he would be gone as one of the best players ever..

Not even three hours until it starts.
I will shut down the Computer now, we are about to leave for the beergarden.
Want to be there early to get best places to view.

When you watch together with hundreds or thousands of peolple in a public place we call it "Rudelgucken"
Do you have a word for this?

Okay, keep your fingers crossed! We will win!

Back
Top Bottom