Sock Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still convinved that the machines eat them. I always have around seven odd socks too hand. When I've had enough and chuck them out, next week there are still seven or so odd socks!!!

Not helped by my DW only throwing out 1 sock with a hole in it as she might pair it again in the future

I also have a bag full of unmatched socks, ever so often I dump them out and usually find a few matches - Whoopie - makes my day!

I must be doing something wrong, er right. I can safely say it's been nearly 20 years since I've had any odd socks. Had a sock scare last week when I took the socks out of the washer and ended up with an uneven number. Couldn't figure out what'd happened. Took me several days to discover the missing sock. Instead of tossing his socks on the laundry pile near the washer, Buck had flung it up on a nearby shelf. So, no unmatched socks...still.

I have to admit i never do lundry. i cook, my wife does lundry. She likes it that way. But when she had to leave for few weeks to go help her mother, when she was starting chimo, I did the lundry, I did not have any socks diappere during that time. I don't know either socks were afraid of new person doing lundry or i am simple a good lundry maker. Maybe some people are just not as good as I am.

I must be doing something wrong, er right. I can safely say it's been nearly 20 years since I've had any odd socks. Had a sock scare last week when I took the socks out of the washer and ended up with an uneven number. Couldn't figure out what'd happened. Took me several days to discover the missing sock. Instead of tossing his socks on the laundry pile near the washer, Buck had flung it up on a nearby shelf. So, no unmatched socks...still.
Our socks are all going to Katie's and Buck's house! When their socks disappear, ours jump in to take their place! That is the only explanation I can think of for this 20-year phenomenon. :cool:

:)Barbara

OK, do I have to be EXACT with the number of times I've mentioned it??? Its not like you take me up on it or anything.

If I could just teach James to take his socks off separately, I would be happy! I have never seen anything like this. I'm not exactly sure how he does it, but I will describe it to the best of my ability. He puts the toe of one foot into the top of the sock on the other foot and pushes down until it comes off that foot, inside out. As the sock turns inside out and comes off, it ends up on the end of the other foot. Then he puts the toes of his now naked foot into the top of the other sock and pulls it off. As the second sock comes off, the first sock goes inside of it. So he ends up with one sock completely inside the other one! Drives me nuts!

Suggestion: if you live near any elementary schools or nurseries and you have lonely socks waiting futilely for their mates because they have transformed into keys, see if they can use them for puppet/art projects if you don't want to throw them away. I also have turned abandoned socks into cats' cherished toys by stuffing the toe end with catnip twisting a knot, shredding the "cuff end" and then whacking the catnip end with my fist to release the oils. My cats go wild with their new cheap, inexpensive toys:-p.

Suggestion: if you live near any elementary schools or nurseries and you have lonely socks waiting futilely for their mates because they have transformed into keys, see if they can use them for puppet/art projects if you don't want to throw them away. I also have turned abandoned socks into cats' cherished toys by stuffing the toe end with catnip twisting a knot, shredding the "cuff end" and then whacking the catnip end with my fist to release the oils. My cats go wild with their new cheap, inexpensive toys:-p.
Great idea! When I was teaching, I had individual chalkboards for the kids. They loved working on them now and then. I asked each of them to bring in an old sock to use as an eraser, but many didn't. Then someone from church gave me a big bag full of old (but clean! lol) socks. Believe me, schools can use donations of pretty much anything. Even if you think no one would have a use for something, ask. That old saying, one man's trash is another man's treasure, definitely applies to schools. I know one teacher who uses the little square plastic bread closures (which aren't so common anymore) as counters during math.

Let's all just sign the socks, wear them, take pics and send them off to the next person on DC? LOL It could be the "Traveling Sock"!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom