"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
Master Chef

Talking Sofie's Walking!!!

Sofie has been walking with our help for months and taking the odd step by herself here and there for awhile but yesterday, she really started walking on her own! First she walked from one end of the family room to the other, as I scooted backwards encouraging her. Then when DH got home and we were waiting for dinner to cook, he sat on one end of the kitchen and I sat at the other (it's not that big!) and she walked back and forth between us, clutching her two favorite spatulas in her hands. She had a great time, pretending to mix in bowls every time she got to one of us! I tell you, soon, I'm going to have a pretty awesome kitchen helper!

Old 12-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Awesome! Now the fun begins. My first child walked at 8 months. It was so bizarre to see someone so tiny tottering all over the house.

Kitchen helper, huh? You might want to do what I did with my children. I cleaned out the lowest kitchen drawer and put child-safe kitchen stuff in it. Little plastic bowls, small plastic cups, some cute cookie cutters, etc. That drawer was their "cooking" drawer. I had that drawer for years regardless of which house we lived in. They really enjoyed it and I didn't have to scold them for getting into any of Mommy's stuff. Plus, they were happy to stay in the kitchen with me so I didn't have to worry/wonder what they were doing when I wasn't looking.

Sometimes they would just sit on the floor with the open drawer and play with their cooking stuff.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Oh Pa that's wonderful !!!!! But tell her Aunt Middie said she's not allowed to grow anymore !
Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

That is such great new PAB. In no time at all she will be running around the house and you will remember this day and be amazed at her ongoing progress.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
Sous Chef

pictures??
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
NEAT!!!!! How fun! I agree with mugsy... we need photos!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Pa,
I bet you're thrilled Give that little sweetie a hug for me. It' so exciting watching them toddle around. Olivia, has been taking 5-6 steps here and there for a couple of months, but now just let's loose and takes off when ever she wants to. It's so cute this little thing following the boys around. Course, now I hear, Maaaaaaa Livi is in our toys!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Everymom

Atta girl Sofie! PA, your DH will lose weight FAST now, he'll be chasing that little cutie everywhere!
Old 12-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
Master Chef

Thanks everyone!

Mugsy, would you believe we didn't even think about getting the camera out to capture the moment? We were just having too much fun! We'll have to take some this weekend and then I'll post.

Katie, I have 2 drawers in the kitchen like that. One with her dishes and another with hot pads, dish rags and the like. Of course she always goes for the other ones, though! I love the idea of cookie cutters. I'll have to dig through mine and find some for her.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
That's so exciting PA!! It just dosen't seem possible that Sofie's old enough to be walking!