Sofie's Walking!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Sofie has been walking with our help for months and taking the odd step by herself here and there for awhile but yesterday, she really started walking on her own! First she walked from one end of the family room to the other, as I scooted backwards encouraging her. Then when DH got home and we were waiting for dinner to cook, he sat on one end of the kitchen and I sat at the other (it's not that big!) and she walked back and forth between us, clutching her two favorite spatulas in her hands. She had a great time, pretending to mix in bowls every time she got to one of us! I tell you, soon, I'm going to have a pretty awesome kitchen helper!:)

Awesome! Now the fun begins. My first child walked at 8 months. It was so bizarre to see someone so tiny tottering all over the house.

Kitchen helper, huh? You might want to do what I did with my children. I cleaned out the lowest kitchen drawer and put child-safe kitchen stuff in it. Little plastic bowls, small plastic cups, some cute cookie cutters, etc. That drawer was their "cooking" drawer. I had that drawer for years regardless of which house we lived in. They really enjoyed it and I didn't have to scold them for getting into any of Mommy's stuff. Plus, they were happy to stay in the kitchen with me so I didn't have to worry/wonder what they were doing when I wasn't looking.

Sometimes they would just sit on the floor with the open drawer and play with their cooking stuff.

That is such great new PAB. In no time at all she will be running around the house and you will remember this day and be amazed at her ongoing progress.

Pa,
I bet you're thrilled:) Give that little sweetie a hug for me. It' so exciting watching them toddle around. Olivia, has been taking 5-6 steps here and there for a couple of months, but now just let's loose and takes off when ever she wants to. It's so cute this little thing following the boys around. Course, now I hear, Maaaaaaa Livi is in our toys!!!!:LOL:

Atta girl Sofie! PA, your DH will lose weight FAST now, he'll be chasing that little cutie everywhere!

Thanks everyone!

Mugsy, would you believe we didn't even think about getting the camera out to capture the moment? We were just having too much fun! We'll have to take some this weekend and then I'll post.:)

Katie, I have 2 drawers in the kitchen like that. One with her dishes and another with hot pads, dish rags and the like. Of course she always goes for the other ones, though! I love the idea of cookie cutters. I'll have to dig through mine and find some for her.

PA, I can just picture you and your husband and Sofie in the kitchen while she walks between you :) Like Katie E, I had a lower cupboard (not a drawer) in my kitchen which held my pots and pans and my daughter would take everything out and climb into the cupboard and then play with the pots and pan, plastic spoons, etc. (make sure to have a magnet on those cupboards so kids do not get trapped), and safety latches to lock those lower cupboards where you keep chemicals.

Definately get some photos of this huge life event!

PA Baker said:
...she walked back and forth between us, clutching her two favorite spatulas in her hands.
It's funny--beginning walkers usually walk better when they are carrying something. They feel like they are holding onto something that will support them so they feel braver. Yay for Sofie! There's no stopping her now! My daughter is 27 and I can still see her first steps so clearly in my mind that it is just like it was today!

:) Barbara

I'm with crewsk. How exciting for you guys, though!

Now please make the time slow down again, or it will seem like next month that I'll hear about her asking for the car keys.

Gosh it barely seems any time ago that she was born! How gorgeous that she is walking, it all goes by so fast doesn't it?

Whoo hoo for Sofie!!!!
We are all expecting photos pronto! Now you'll really be chasing her around. They're so cute when they start walking, they look kinda like penguins. Aidan did at least, he'd walk by raising one hip and then the other instead of bending his knees. :LOL: I remember very clearly Aidan's first steps and his first shoes when he wanted to start walking out and about. Aidans cute little pair of red sneakers with blue stripes are anxiously awaiting Callum.

Back
Top Bottom