"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
Please! Before you sign a contract it probably won't hurt to pay an appraiser to look at what you are bidding on.
Excellent advice!! This is a must do! Money well spent!!! Your current property too!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Amy,
if you have any negative feelings, heed them..You love to cook, the counter space is very small there, put out an appliance or two then you will be forever moving things to make space, think long and hard. Where you are you say is awful, but for now it's yours..Do you want to take on someone elses problems?I'd eyeball this new place long and hard that private kitchen might slowly become to closed in in time...Or then it may become your dream. Think, don't be rushed no matter what..Pick just for YOU.It's time to give yourself the best you can.
kadesma

Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #13
Head Chef

Thanks so much for the input. I think, when it is right, I will just know it/feel it right away.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:54 AM   #14
Senior Cook

An retired real estate broker gave me advice a few years ago. He said if you want to sell a property in a buyer's market, the thing to do is to offer the agent a higher commission, not reduce the price. Most people reduce the price but if you offer a larger commission, the agents will really work to sell your property before they sell other properties.

If you aren't comfortable with the condo you are considering, I'd say hold off for awhile. Something else will come along.but if you want to buy this condo but are reluctant because of the cost of redoing, see if there is a Direct Buy somewhere near you. There are a number of them in CA. If there is one nearby it would be worth youur time to check it out. You might be able to save quite a lot on remodeling and redecorating. We just joined 2 weeks ago.