"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
just quickly, what you`ll need will be an old mobile fone, the sort that doesn`t power off if left for a few mins, and you want this fone on the Vodafone Pay as you talk Smart price plan.
that way you can top the thing up with a fiver and leave it in there forever until you make a call.

next you give this fone to the Handy person with the solding iron, they take the fone apart to expose the keypad, the SEND button on the fone is the one you`re interested in!
the keypad is a rubber membrane, cut the send key section out push 2 wires through that new hole and solder them onto the 2 contacts that were under that send key, and then put the fone back together.

you want to put a little Micro switch to the end of these 2 wires, so when the switch is pressed, it now acts as the Send key (in effect you`ve just extended the key).

mount this to the garage door in such a way that when it`s closed the switch isn`t pressed, but gets pressed as soon as it opens a little.

now type in Your Personal mobile fone, make an entry in there called Garage, and put the number of your modified fone in there.

in the modified fone put in your mobile number ready to dial, then just wait for a burglar, as soon as the door opens a fraction that fone gets SEND pressed and dials you :)
on Your fone you see "GARAGE" show up

now dial 999 and tell then that you`re Currently being broken into :)

that`s the bare bones basics of it :)
I'm so sorry redkitty! How violated you must feel.

Brillant YT! You remind me of my dad in that aspect as he was always inventing something. Good for you getting it patented. I know dad invented something and someone stole the idea and made quite a bit of money off his idea..... this was a long time ago. Your suggestion is much better than mine and safer..... I was going to suggest hooking up an electric shocker and when the bugger grabbed the door handle he'd get more than he bargained for. **one of those things they hook up to fences for livestock** I thought of this as my dad did it to his screen door on the garage when we were little because the neighbors big dog kept jumping up on it trying to get in when we were in there.....one good shock taught that dog.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #22
Executive Chef

You wont believe this, they came back again tonight. During the day, while I was inside the house. Cops here again, detective came with fingerprint kit, only to find that these bas*rds wore gloves and some sort of printless shoes. Ill have to write more later as I'm emotionally wore out and cant think straight. I actually cried out earlier that I wanted my daddy.... :(

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #23
Head Chef

Sorry Kitty, have no suggestions.

Here we have items to dissuade that behavior.

And we both know how to use them.

Have no idea what you can do except, if it is an option, getting out of Dodge.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #24
Sous Chef

I'm so sorry redkitty. That really stinks!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Such brazen thieves! Did they take anything this time, RedKitty?

Get a camera and hook it up to view the shed door.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #26
DC Grandma

The week after I lost Paul I had a whole house alarm put in. I keep it on day and night....AND believe it or Not i received a card from the Sheriff's office saying they have recovered a 32 caliber revolver that was taken in 1989...Boy, I wish it could talk!! I already have a hand gun and all of Paul's hunting rifles etc...but I think I should still put a beware of the dog sign on the fences...

"Go get-tum Dove!!"

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #27
DC Grandma

P.S. I have always said if i was left alone I was going to get a German Shepard..Kev. says for me to also buy a large shovel..

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #28
Executive Chef

A burglar may get in my house but they won't get out unless they shoot the dogs. My animals can be very aggressive with strangers.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkitty
You wont believe this, they came back again tonight. During the day, while I was inside the house. Cops here again, detective came with fingerprint kit, only to find that these bas*rds wore gloves and some sort of printless shoes. Ill have to write more later as I'm emotionally wore out and cant think straight. I actually cried out earlier that I wanted my daddy.... :(
Gosh redkitty, I am so sorry you are going through this. Years ago, someone broke into my mom and dads house when they were at work. I know how awful they felt. Mom said she never felt the same in the house again.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #30
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Im SO sorry. Very very sorry.