Something Seems to be Missing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Our electric co-op put out a fund-raising cookbook, and James bought me one yesterday. The recipes were submitted by members of the group who put it together. I have been going through it and there are a few recipes I want to try.

A few of the recipes have missing instructions (a Spanish rice recipe lists rice in the ingredients but never says to add it--things like that), but one pie recipe "takes the cake!"

Here are the ingredients for this pie: margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, and pecans. The directions just say to mix it all up, pour it into a pie pan, and bake.

So, what is the name of this pie that only takes margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, and pecans? Chocolate Fudge Pie. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

If you get the proportions right, it sounds like good old southern pecan pie, although I seem to recall that pecan pie also has corn syrup in it..

Last edited:
Upon further ponderin', I ain't sure about the flour in that recipe.
I noticed that as well. It calls for flour but not a pie crust. And it doesn't have the right ingredients to make an "impossible pie." It's as if someone found a bunch of extra words lying around and just threw them together to make a recipe. :LOL:

Our electric co-op put out a fund-raising cookbook, and James bought me one yesterday. The recipes were submitted by members of the group who put it together. I have been going through it and there are a few recipes I want to try.

A few of the recipes have missing instructions (a Spanish rice recipe lists rice in the ingredients but never says to add it--things like that), but one pie recipe "takes the cake!"

Here are the ingredients for this pie: margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, and pecans. The directions just say to mix it all up, pour it into a pie pan, and bake.

So, what is the name of this pie that only takes margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, and pecans? Chocolate Fudge Pie. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Place uncooked rice in cooking vessel and then add rest of ingredients?

Put the book away and take it out from time to time when you need a laugh. I wouldn't trust any recipe in it. Then write an letter to the electric coop and the group that put the book together and let them know they are selling crap to the public.

Put the book away and take it out from time to time when you need a laugh. I wouldn't trust any recipe in it. Then write an letter to the electric coop and the group that put the book together and let them know they are selling crap to the public.
Many of the recipes seem to say to throw a can of "this" into a prepared "that," and some I am pretty sure came right off a box or can label. Fortunately though, most of the recipes seem okay. The main recipes I am interested in are not for baked goods (we have cut out most starches) and if something is not right I can figure it out.

It is very disheartening that they would put this out with so many errors. They actually put it out two years ago, and we got one of the last ones at a discount. Saying something now would just hurt feelings and wouldn't help anything. I doubt they will do another one. :neutral: Maybe I should join the group, and I can be their proofreader. :D

Have them change the title to "Spoofin with Food", a guide for the disaster prone, success guaranteed!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sounds like a cobbler to me.

Sounds like Ikea's instructions. I bought a Vegetable cookbook awhile back. I leafed through the beautiful color photos & index, & bought the book while I was standing in line. One of the recipes I was interested in, at the time, was a Mac and cheese souffle. When I got home & read the recipe, I was disappointed to find the instructions didn't make sense.

Barbara,

I would toss, as in the rubbish ... Sounds pathetic ...

And Spanish Rice, is not a dish in Spain ... it is a product ...

Thanks for a good chuckle.
Have a lovely summer,
Ciao di Puglia,
Margaux.

Back
Top Bottom