Something to think about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why create problems where there aren't any. :angel:
I assumed people around here knew me well enough to realize that I wasn't serious. I rarely, if ever, state my displeasure on here. Sorry if I caused anybody any discomfort.

On the other hand,

We should be careful not to create an environment that is too sterile. That would be kind of boring, no? Remember freedom of speech? That's kind of a cool thing, I think. Something the free world holds in high regard..The mods are here to deal with aggressive and vulgar posters. The rest is opinion which is within our rights to have and voice.
How practical strangers feel about my culinary tastes is the least of my worries....let people state their opinions. I don't expect everybody to like everything I, or anybody else, makes or likes

Last edited:
I assumed people around here knew me well enough to realize that I wasn't serious. I rarely, if ever, state my displeasure on here. Sorry if I caused anybody any discomfort.

On the other hand,

We should be careful not to create an environment that is too sterile. That would be kind of boring, no? Remember freedom of speech? That's kind of a cool thing, I think. Something the free world holds in high regard..The mods are here to deal with aggressive and vulgar posters. The rest is opinion which is within our rights to have and voice.
How practical strangers feel about my culinary tastes is the least of my worries....let people state their opinions. I don't expect everybody to like everything I, or anybody else, makes or likes

I knew you were kidding, Rock :)

This thread has gotten much more serious than I ever thought it would or intended it to be. Sorry about that. I hope people know, though, that I never said people should not be able to express their opinions or disagree with someone, nor do I think that's how a forum should operate. I'm pretty outspoken and opinionated myself - ask anyone!

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if a mod decided to close this thread :)

All really a matter of perception isn't it? Take this thread for example. I didn't see anything to get worked up about, but some folks seemed to get a bit ruffled over this. On any given day someone might take offense at something that might pass by completely unnoticed another.

We need to be a bit sensitive to others but at the same time, self aware. If you're finding yourself getting bent out of shape perhaps its not the posts but something else in your life that's upsetting.

I try to think about the person I'm speaking to when I post. I might not use the same language to Addie that I would to buckytom. (Hahahahaha...oh boy do I want to post some stuff here) Hopefully we can all just remember that polite goes a long way.

It takes a lot to upset me. When someone creates a post that might be offensive, I always try to remember that it is only a point of view.

Remember in the Sauce thread a new poster came on rather strong. Finally after a few responses to other posts, I asked him if one of us had done something to offend him. He was coming across as angry. But no, it was just his personality to come across in a strong manner. He had one point of view and only one. Nothing was going to change his mind. That's okay by me. You don't have to keep your opinion to yourself. And I don't have to agree with you. Nor do I wish to argue with you. We each had our say. :angel:

I might not use the same language to Addie that I would to buckytom. (Hahahahaha...oh boy do I want to post some stuff here) Hopefully we can all just remember that polite goes a long way.

lol. you know, the funny part is that i feel a certain sense of sympatico with addie, of which i am the lucky one. :)

the spirit of this thread seems to be about personal responsibility, both for speaking your mnd without intentionally being rude (unless on a rare occasion it is deserved :cool:), but also not to take things so personally that you report everything you din't like and expect the mods to enforce the rules at every turn. that puts an unnecessary burden upon them, and when they have to act no one is all that happy afterwards.

All really a matter of perception isn't it? Take this thread for example. I didn't see anything to get worked up about, but some folks seemed to get a bit ruffled over this. On any given day someone might take offense at something that might pass by completely unnoticed another.

We need to be a bit sensitive to others but at the same time, self aware. If you're finding yourself getting bent out of shape perhaps its not the posts but something else in your life that's upsetting.

I try to think about the person I'm speaking to when I post. I might not use the same language to Addie that I would to buckytom. (Hahahahaha...oh boy do I want to post some stuff here) Hopefully we can all just remember that polite goes a long way.

that's entirely right, i agree that polite goes a long way. So, for heaven's sake folks, don't overdo it--use it very sparingly!:)

rofl, vit!!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

btw, the long sobs of autumn violins wound my heart with a monotonous langour.

your languorous ennui can be summarily deactivated by dd's peugeot 007 being double-parked again at walmart. btw, the meter maid commences circling, circling....

bt, we can always count on you to bring the humor when it's needed. however, today you have stooped to eloquence....:)
(thanks)

Last edited:
lol. you know, the funny part is that i feel a certain sense of sympatico with addie, of which i am the lucky one. :)

the spirit of this thread seems to be about personal responsibility, both for speaking your mnd without intentionally being rude (unless on a rare occasion it is deserved :cool:), but also not to take things so personally that you report everything you din't like and expect the mods to enforce the rules at every turn. that puts an unnecessary burden upon them, and when they have to act no one is all that happy afterwards.
Listen brat, you know what I mean. I'm certainly not going to tell Addie to take a flying leap into the goose poop like I would YOU! ;)

that's entirely right, i agree that polite goes a long way. So, for heaven's sake folks, don't overdo it--use it very sparingly!:)

I stand by my sig line. And you're a BIGGER brat.

Listen brat, you know what I mean. I'm certainly not going to tell Addie to take a flying leap into the goose poop like I would YOU! ;)

now alix, now would be a perfect time to exercise some of that courtesy of yours...direct it my way. c'mon---addie? you feel the need to protect addie? if we were choosing up teams, i'd pick addie First to be on my side--she is a fierce opponent, and addie takes no prisoners...and, and, she likes Worms for cryin' out loud!!!:)

good morning, worm your honor. the crown will plainly show the prisoner who now stands before you was caught red-handed showing feelings, showing feelings of an almost human nature.

this will not do.

call the schoolmaster!

good morning, worm your honor. the crown will plainly show the prisoner who now stands before you was caught red-handed showing feelings, showing feelings of an almost human nature.

this will not do.

call the schoolmaster!

yy-es, i admit it, i h-have feelings, sir, and you have h-hurt them, hurt them ba-ad.
the defense rests, your honor. it is now to be placed in the hands of this singularly sensitive jury that i cleverly culled from the pool, managing to disqualify most every one of the rude prospective jurors during voir dire.

ah now, the worm will turn....

Hey, I resemble that remark. I like flying as well as the next person. Even if it is to the goose poop. I don't get out much you know, so any trip is exciting to me. Goos Poop here I come! :angel:

Hey, I resemble that remark. I like flying as well as the next person. Even if it is to the goose poop. I don't get out much you know, so any trip is exciting to me. Goos Poop here I come! :angel:

I was sure it was the leap part that would sl.ow you down.:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom