"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Terrible, terrible tragedy. But seeing photos recently of the new trade center being built says a lot about our fortitude. It's an inspiring looking structure.

Addie, I'm curious. Which of the 911 hijackers was your neighbor? I don't see where any of them were Palestinian. Wikipedia says all but two were Saudi, and the other two were Lebanese and Egyptian.
I just knew him as Mohamed. (sp) Mr. Ali, his landlord said that he came from his country. And I knew he was Palestinian. There were pictures of Palestine on the walls of his sub shop. He used to go there every year to visit family. His daughter's name was the same as mine. Adele. Living next door, our mail always got mixed up. I could never pronounce his wife's name. He was he pilot of the American Airliines plane that hit Tower One.

I am not one to aks questions. And when they can't speak English very well, all the more I just sit there and pretend to listen. Some times Mr. Ali's daughter would have to tell me what they were saying.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

911: Hijacker

If you want to know what he looked like his picture is on the bottom. He is the one with the square face and thick hair. He is on the right. He piloted the American Airline Flight 11 that hit the first tower.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Steve, what can I say. All I know is what the FBI told me. They even came into my home and looked out my kitchen window right into the apartment where he lived. They saw the clothesline we shared. Asked did I have any problems sharing it. There was more than one visit. They even showed me the picture you saw. They went into the apartment he lived in. They were there for several hours tearing things apart. They even tore the cabinets off the wall. I could see right out my kitchen window what they were doing as there was no covering on the windows in that apartment. That apartment was laid out exactly like mine. I wasn't the only one in the neighborhood that they talked to. But other than his landlord Mr. Ali, I was the only one who ever talked to him or his wife. I even told them what Mr. Ali had told me about him. Whether it was all lies, I don't know. Only what Mr. Ali told me. The FBI wasn't too forthcoming with too much information. They did thank me profusely. Told me what a good citizen I was. They also came back when they raided Mr. Ali's home and business. Again more questions. Since his daughter lived in the building in back of the store, they arrested her and held her over night with her husband and oldest son. He was born in Palestine. Her other children were American citizens and young.