Song Lyrics Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
urmaniac13 said:
Ronjohn, now you made me feel better, I am not the only one to throw in a stumper!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well it's definetely a hardcore stumper though... I have no clue!!:wacko:
(though I could name quite a few artists from 80s who were big at that time then faded away, the guitarist bit got me well..."stumped"... Eddie Van Halen would be too well known... maybe something by Slash?( of GnR?))

No, not Slash. This artist was from earlier in the eighties, back when MTV was really just catching on... :cool: (He never really stopped working though)
And nearly everyone will know his hit song when we figure out who he is! :-p

John

Primarily a guitrist, well that could be Robin Trower, or Joe Satriani, or even Ronnie Montrose. There are so many great guitarists. That hardly is a clue. But I'm going to make a guess. Could it be Carlos Santana? No, Wait. From that erra, and the fact that he was on MTV a lot, I'm going to say Satriani. That's my guess. (If you say Rick Derenger, I'm doing to pout for a week:rolleyes: ).

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
Primarily a guitrist, well that could be Robin Trower, or Joe Satriani, or even Ronnie Montrose. There are so many great guitarists. That hardly is a clue. But I'm going to make a guess. Could it be Carlos Santana? No, Wait. From that erra, and the fact that he was on MTV a lot, I'm going to say Satriani. That's my guess. (If you say Rick Derenger, I'm doing to pout for a week:rolleyes: ).

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Satriani, great guitarist! Not who we're looking for. None of them from that list, actually.

OK, another hint. (And remember you have to name the song, too!)

This artist recently toured with Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band! (This should give it away)

John

WOW!

Guess I really dropped the hammer on this thread with this one!
Get your master key... open up your doors
Set your servants free... they won't come no more
Wrapped my life in chains... gave me everything
Learned to feel no pain... now every day I wake up

Nobody can come up with it? Even using Google?

John

Last edited:
When you just give love
And never get love
You'd better let love depart
I know it's so
And yet i know
I can't get you out of my heart

That one was tough. Had to ask a few ladies to get the answer. It would be, (drum roll please), Michael Bolton, that long haired, soul sounding vocalist who sings with power and heart (even though I never listen to his songs, just not my style). The song was, I think, When you just give love.

And now, I'm gonna throw something atcha!

Did you ever have that feeling in your life,
That someone was watching you?
You don't have no reason, that's right.
But still he's there watching you.

Come on. I know we have some old rockers around here besides me.:-p

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Sorry Goodweed, you have to guess mine now before we can start on yours. Here's a recap.

When you just give love
And never get love
You'd better let love depart
I know it's so
And yet i know
I can't get you out of my heart

Alix said:
Sorry Goodweed, you have to guess mine now before we can start on yours. Here's a recap.

I thought I did answer it. The song is sung by Micael Bolton, or at least one version of it is. It's also done by Bonnie Rait and Katie Bull. I don't know who the original artist was. I'd have to google for that. The song is called "Since I met You"

Actually, its Since I Fell for You. And I haven't heard Bonnie Raitt do it. The last cover of it I heard was Barbra Streisand. Its a lot older than that though. OK, Goodweed sorry for the misunderstanding. Yours is up.

Bugs said:
Watch The Detectives-Elvis Costello

This one's pretty easy.

"Let's make it all for one, and all for love."
Brian Adams and Rod Stewart "All for One" sung after the closing game where the Detroit Red Wings one their last Stanley Cup Championship:mrgreen:.

"Well I'm not scared of dyin' and I don't really care
if it's peace you find in dyin' well then, let my time be near.
If it's peace you find in dyin' and my dyin time is near
just bundle up my coffin cause its cold way down there
I hear that its cold way down there
crazy cold way down there."

Heh heh heh.
Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
"Well I'm not scared of dyin' and I don't really care
if it's peace you find in dyin' well then, let my time be near.
If it's peace you find in dyin' and my dyin time is near
just bundle up my coffin cause its cold way down there
I hear that its cold way down there
crazy cold way down there."

And When I Die... Blood, Sweat & Tears - reaching back into the '70's for that one! :cool:

Thinking about the next lyrics...

Back
Top Bottom