"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #31
Head Chef

Great - thanks for the link to the live music quicksilver and then thanks to ladycook61 so I could read it. Go for it JP - credit doesn't matter, that we are thinking of her does.
Great job guys and gals.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #32
Head Chef

may peace be with you .....

Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #33
Master Chef

If you are going to burn all these onto CD you are going to need the mp3 versions of them. The YouTube links will only work if you are going to download and save the video and burn it onto a DVD.
Bearshare works great on finding and downloading music, unless you go thru one of the pay per song sites.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
Great - thanks for the link to the live music quicksilver and then thanks to ladycook61 so I could read it. Go for it JP - credit doesn't matter, that we are thinking of her does.
Great job guys and gals.
Sounds like we may need to makea boxed set of CDs Once it all gets put together it will be from all of us anyway with all the songs suggested.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #35
Master Chef

Fly high, Buck...You're a free bird now!

Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 AM   #36
Master Chef

The only one I couldn't find in MP3 format off Bearshare was Billy Joel Travelin Prayer.
Still hunting for that one.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #37
Master Chef

I just found out I don't have the Piano Man on CD yet, otherwise I would have done that for you and sent you the file....
almost every Billy Joel, but not that one...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I got it centered, printed in dark blue font. All I need is to get to town to find a nice frame then I will decorate so as it all fits perfectly in frame. I will show all of you when it's done. Then I need to know where to send it I guess one of the admins, also whomever burns cd should send it also so they can be sent together. Maybe someone could come up with a nice card with all our signatures to go with it as well. Oh and perhaps a small bouquet as well. It will be a few days until I can get to town but I will get it done. I think it would be a nice gift after things have calmed down a bit for Katie.
So as I said before I will get this done I will finally get to town this Monday or Tuesday to get the frame. Just like Katie it's a long drive to town for me at least 140 miles round trip. I PM Alix to find out how to send it. Now all we need is the CD who will make it? It would be nice to send it all at once. Now all I wish for is a signed card from all that wished Katie the best. Is there someone here that can do this I don't know how to do this. I will also get the flowers going from all of us with the help of Alix.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Thanks again, jpmc.
140 miles? Where do you live, on the moon!
Loving the boondox myself (although I don't live there anymore), it does have it's drawbacks, but many, many more pluses. Lucky you.
Haven't seen any feedback about the CD or card.
I know I'm not equiped or knowledgable about either.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Thanks again, jpmc.

140 miles? Where do you live, on the moon!
Loving the boondox myself (although I don't live there anymore), it does have it's drawbacks, but many, many more pluses. Lucky you.
Haven't seen any feedback about the CD or card.

I know I'm not equiped or knowledgable about either.
I live 45 miles from town with nothing but mountains and trees in between but if I want to get decent produce etc I need to drive another 20 something miles to the next small town. It's such a pain in the *** takes the whole day to get all the errands done as I only go every 2-3 weeks. But I love living here.
I'm sure someone will get the CD together