Songs for Buck and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Thank You" for the beautiful gift!

The UPS man left a package on my doorstep yesterday. I didn't realize it until this morning when I opened the breakfast room door to feed my outside kitties. (There are 5 exterior doors to the house and, since I wasn't expecting any deliveries, I didn't think to look for anything left at any of the doors.)

Inside the box was a little bag with a beautifully-wrapped gift and a card. I opened it and found a framed Billy Joel song, Travelin' Prayer. It was printed in dark royal blue ink and was decorated all 'round with cutouts of antique roses and other beautiful flowers. The frame is a lovely burnished gold. It's a special gift and I treasure it. I've put it on the table beside my bed so I can see it before I say "Good night" to Joe and go to sleep.

I'm a big Billy Joel fan but was not familiar with this particular song. After I read the words, I felt as though Joe was talking to me. I'm crying now as I tell you all how much your thoughts and kindness means to me.

I'm touched by the effort that went into this and I want to especially thank jpmcgrew for the patience it must've taken to cut out and apply all the tiny flowers and assemble the whole thing.

Thank you, everyone. You're the best! I'm glad I have you to lean on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom