Songs that bring back memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fave song when I 15 years old.
ALWAYS ON MY MIND (Elvis Presley)

Maybe I didn't love you quite as good as I should have,
Maybe I didn't hold you quite as often as I could have,
Little things I should have said and done,
I just never took the time.

You were always on my mind,
You were always on my mind.

Maybe I didn't hold you all those lonely, lonely times,
And I guess I never told you, I'm so happy that you're mine,
If I made you feel second best,
I'm sorry, I was blind.

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died,
Give me, give me one more chance to keep you satisfied,
If I made you feel second best,
I'm sorry, I was blind. You were always on my mind,
You were always on my mind.

aussie girl said:
Wow - so many great songs and memories here.

GB - I did a quick search on my music program and came up with 2 possibilities...
Ted Nugent - Great White Buffalo
Rin Tin Tin - The White Buffalo
Probably right out of left field, as I've never heard of the song, sorry.

Mentioning grandparents also brought back another memory...
When I was about 8 or 9, my (late) Grandmother gave my Dad the Bing Crosby - White Christmas album for Christmas. No sooner was it unwrapped, than it was on the record player. It was on repeat for about 4 loops before being turned off for the day.

Now whenever I hear any of the songs from that album, the tears well up (for sentimental reasons). It makes for embarrasing Christmas shopping at the mall. lol.

Isn't Bing GREAT? I got that one and Elvis Christmas from my mom when she passed. I got a few more, but those two are just classic Christmas to me.

not necessarily my all-time favorites, but definite memories........

"Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer reminds me of my friend Danny. I miss dancing with him.

"Every Breath You Take" by the Police reminds me of a romantic obsession that lasted too long.

"Under The Boardwalk" by the Drifters reminds me of teenage summers at the 'beach.'

"Margaritaville" reminds me of Memphis and my many Parrothead friends there.

"Born on the Bayou" by CCR reminds me of the first time I heard that song, blaring out of the speakers at a record shop on the Sunset Strip.

Another CCR song, "Fortunate Son", reminds me of the Vietnam era. (Also, "We Got To Get Out of This Place" by the Animals.)

"We'll Meet Again" by Vera Lynn (I think) reminds me of all the WW2 GIs and our allies in Britain and their girls.

We about forgot the VanHalen Boys ! Jump with Dave Lee Roth and High in the Sky or something like that with Sammy Hagger and Queen with We are the Champions !

Can we put in " Everybody Loves SOmebody Sometime ! " Dean Martin ?
How about Tom Jones ? The Doobie Brothers " Black Water"!:ohmy:

Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do," from "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" was the theme of our junior prom. As corny as it sounds, that's when I got my first kiss and as much as I hate the song, I still kinda like it, it takes me back. :cool:

I'm with my fellow Kansan, Kaylinda! Patsy Cline, Slim Whitman, Sons of the Pioneers, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald all remind me of my grandfather, and sitting on the porch singing along- he could play ANY string instrument and loathed any song with drums in it hahaha! Bless his soul though, I listen to EVERYTHING now....

Maidrite said:
The Doobie Brothers " Black Water"!:ohmy:
OMG Doobie Brothers!! That brings out another memory in me... at tender age of 7 or 8 I was having a crush on Michael McDonald, I always wanted to snuggle my face against his beard!!:LOL:

img_186482_0_7ccd6ca676ce8f0f007e3ce606d0b4fc.jpg

Celine Dion, I admit I am a Hopeless romantic , I write lots of stuff I just pitch !

Shania Twain

Where is the Love By the Black eyed peas !
I love all kinds of music kind of like Hurley ! :cool:

Funny how you can almost guess everyone's age on this post!! Ironically, I found my most memorable song years after it was written. I'm 50, and it was around when I was a teen, but it started having meaning as I got older. "Freinds and Lovers" by the Beatles. I love the line, "In my life, I've loved them all." Since I've moved so much in my life, there are so many friends (and, yes, at one time lovers) who I've left behind. This song really expresses that to me.

texasgirl said:
Isn't Bing GREAT? I got that one and Elvis Christmas from my mom when she passed. I got a few more, but those two are just classic Christmas to me.

They sure dont make em like that anymore, texasgirl. It's just not Christmas without Bing on the record player. It is somewhat a paradox for us aussies though, as we do love our hot Christmas days.:LOL: Still, I think it is the spirit of the music and words.

As much as I love Elvis, he has a way of singing that is very mournful. I still sook every time I hear "Old Shep".

I am very partial to Michael Buble too. It would be great if he bought out a Christmas album

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom