Soothing yourself - What do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i take bubble baths, call my Mom or a buddy, eat macaroni & cheese or perogies, nap, watch golden girls, used to snuggle with my kitties till i had to give them to my Mum & Dad (new landlord refused pets), vacuuming...
your comforts?

Definetly NOT vacuuming!! lol

Mine is strangely, exactly the same as yours.. Bubble baths, call my Mom, eat mac. and cheese, nap, take my dogs on a walk, bake something (cookies,brownies,pies,cakes,etc..) eat popcorn, cover up, and watch a movie with my husband..

i love to watch a movie with my jake, too. just his company, i guess.

Me, I can sit and watch and listen to my grandkids for hours on end. their sweet voices just seems to sooth my soul..I also love to sit outside in the shade and wait for hummingbirds..Just watching them takes away lots of cares..A long walk in the mountains when I was able..That was heaven.

kadesma

:) Laying on the couch especially on a rainy/snowy day watching movies eating popcorn and having really good hot chocolate, eating really good chocolate, Going back to bed for a long nap with all the pets around me. Cooking a comfort meal. Mac & Cheese is up there. Getting up in the morning and never getting out of my pajamas and doing all the above. No house cleaning and just basically doing nothing.Falling asleep at 10:30 in the morning on the couch with a good pillow and a yummy warm blanket waking up 2 hours later but still not worried about getting the chores done and pretty much being useless the rest of the day.:):)

I used to sooth by cutting, we were trying alternatives to that like X-Box, housework, projects, computer games, stuff like that. Wasn't working that well, but then I realized one day cooking always made me feel better (as long as it turned out good and the family liked it!), so I started using that to sooth. Works pretty well, I just have to watch I don't eat everything I make! LOL.

I sleep under fresh Egyptian cotton sheets and with a cat by my side. His name is Merlin. He purrs continuously.

:) Laying on the couch especially on a rainy/snowy day watching movies eating popcorn and having really good hot chocolate, eating really good chocolate, Going back to bed for a long nap with all the pets around me. Cooking a comfort meal. Mac & Cheese is up there. Getting up in the morning and never getting out of my pajamas and doing all the above. No house cleaning and just basically doing nothing.Falling asleep at 10:30 in the morning on the couch with a good pillow and a yummy warm blanket waking up 2 hours later but still not worried about getting the chores done and pretty much being useless the rest of the day.:):)

we need days like yous. that's
sorta like my day today.

I like to relax and snuggle up on the couch for a good movie or two. Playing a computer game, or a console game. I used to go for bike rides until I started living in the big city. It's more stressful to bike here than to walk.. because of all the cars not watching for bikes. So a nice walk would do me good, at night though when the streets aren't teeming with people.

Also like a good bowl of popcorn.. or going to the movies and having a huge bag.. mmmm lol going to see Narnia - Prince Caspian tonight.

What else.. I love relaxing with my kitties back at my parents home when I visit them.

One of the most relaxing things I think that I wish I could do right now is have a backyard bbq with friends and an ice cold drink in my hand.

Oh, me too Foodstorm.. Whenever I am in a really grumpy mood I stomp all the way to the gym and by the time I leave I am all smiles. LOL!

My DH calls cooking my therapy. I also like to sit in my chaise with a glass of red wine while petting/scratching my cockatoo, "Spike"

Hot baths with lots of bubbles...
A good book, reading in a nest I've made on the softa...
A nice nap...
Hot tea and cookies

music (classical, opera) and cooking (making soup is good comfort therapy)

and of course being with my partner

When I'm in traffic, I put a CD of Mozart, Copland or Shostakovich on, grab a straw and play conductor.
The more I'm stared at, I turn the volumn up and conduct more dramatically. WHAT FUN!!!
If I have the dog with me, the higher the notes get, he'll start howling too, Then it really gets funny.
"Weiner dog opera".

Really? What about the music?

Our Beagle howls anytime I sing loudly, but maybe that is just my singing?
:ermm:

I don't think I will try the conducting idea, LOL, but sometimes I also go kinda 'nuts' when stressed out and go on a cleaning or better yet organizing spree around the house and garage.
DW doesn't seem to mind the after-effects of a calm husband and a cleaner, neater house!
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom