Sorry, I've been away a while...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aussie girl

Senior Cook
My Dad has spent much of the last 3 months in hospital. I have been taking Mum to the hospital each day. Needless to say, my time on the comp has been very limited. My Dad is improving each day, but still has 2 more operations scheduled in the next 6 months.

In between time, I've had major problems with my comp crashing and heaps of error messages, but think I've finally got on top of it - sort of.

I've missed you all. Its nice to be back!

Hello AG
Sorry to hear about your recent problems - personal and computer!

I thought you might have gone walkabout.... :cool: :mrgreen:

Glad your back Aussie, prayers for your dads continuing health improvment.

kadesma

I'm glad your Dad is recovering AussieGirl - good to see you back. Sure wish you had the equivalent to the "Computer Geeks" here in the US - I may have been on the phone with them forever but it was the best $79.00 I have ever spent - and there is a 5-day warranty that if still have problems you call them back and they will work with you - then if they still can't fix it they will deduct the$79.00 from the slightly more expensive home visit. (gee, none of that helped you)

Hope you get your computer straightened out - it can be quite frustrating!!!! Take care of yourself and I wish the best to your Dad - and Mum.

Hope your dad gets well soon. I have had my husband at home and in hospital for the last 2 months after a motorbike accident so I know how draining it us looking after a sick person and visiting hospital all the time. Is the hospital close to your home? Hope they're taking good care of your dad.

Thank you ALL so much for your caring words. The hospital is about 20 minutes away. You are absolutely right, mrsmac, we never realise how much effort it takes, until it happens to us personally. But on the other hand, am blessed to have wonderful parents, and am happy to help where I can. Others are not as fortunate.

Sorry, mrsmac, meant to ask how your hubby is now, before clicking on 'post reply' button? Hope his injuries weren't too serious?

Compound fracture of both bones in his leg,he lost 30mm of bone from his tibia on the Pacific Highway! He had a bone graft last week and no one has actually told us when he can walk again.The accident was on 18th May so its been a long road, he's bored out of his mind sitting at home all this time. There's only so much daytime TV you can watch!!!

mrsmac, that sounds extremely painful. As long as he is on the mend, thats most important - even if slowly. For about 3 weeks, my Dad was regressing, so recovery was set back somewhat.

Do you have a playstation or similar? If not, what about borrowing one? They are excellent 'time wasters'. LOL.

aussie girl said:
mrsmac, that sounds extremely painful. As long as he is on the mend, thats most important - even if slowly. For about 3 weeks, my Dad was regressing, so recovery was set back somewhat.

Do you have a playstation or similar? If not, what about borrowing one? They are excellent 'time wasters'. LOL.

He has the internet next to the bed!! A VCR, PS2 and we got the movie channels hooked up to Optus cable TV as well as the channels we already had! Its just that after this long everything gets boring lol.
How is your dad now?

Gee, I wouldn't mind having all that. We haven't got cable connected here, actually dont even have broadband either. LOL. I probably wouldn't have time to watch cable TV, too addicted to the puter.

What about a trip to the library to pick out some books? Dont know what else to suggest. I do understand about him being 'stir-crazy' though.

Back
Top Bottom