Sounds I "love" to hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Uh oh" ..... which in my experience can only be superseded in by the more dreaded "Ooops!"

No, no, no, Uncle Bob--those are sounds you (and I) love to hear. The thread topic is sounds you "love" to hear--meaning sounds that set your teeth on edge.

Here are the sounds I just 'love' to hear: that little click when you turn the key that means your battery is dead. The sound of sleet/icy rain on the metal roof. Dogs barking in the dark--or the phone ringing after midnight. The whippoorwill directly outside the bedroom window (he needs to add some new tunes to his list).

Aw shucks.........:LOL:

Sorry I wasn't more clear! Yes, I meant "love" sarcastically. I guess I should add silence. It's one of the scariest sounds for the mother of a toddler. Best case scenario, she's making a huge mess. I know no good ever comes of it!

"Can you do me a favor?" I want to know what the favor is first.:glare:

Actually, I liked your answers the best, Uncle Bob. Your answers gave me a flavor of your home. One of my favorite sounds is the sound of crashing waves at the beach.

... The whippoorwill directly outside the bedroom window (he needs to add some new tunes to his list).

So do chickadees. :LOL:

Used to have whole flocks of the adorable little buggers outside in winter.

A sound I "love": cat fight, especially when your cat only weighs five pounds. :ohmy: :eek: Or if you only have one cat and he's an indoor cat. :ermm: :shock:

Okay, cat fight noise isn't so great, even when you have several cats.

Snuffle, snuffle, sniff, sniff, snort, snort, ahchoo right before you get your morning (occasionally middle of the night) wake-up "shower" in the face from a pug who has decided it's time for you to wake up because she wants attention. Yes, our babies are spoiled rotten. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), we don't hear this as often as we used to since she's getting older and sleeping longer/deeper.

Sorry I wasn't more clear! Yes, I meant "love" sarcastically. I guess I should add silence. It's one of the scariest sounds for the mother of a toddler. Best case scenario, she's making a huge mess. I know no good ever comes of it!

Ohhhh, I didn't know you were being sarcastic either...

In that case it's, "Put your hands in the air and turn around slowly."

oops. I got it wrong, also. I "love" to hear my dog barking to come back in the house two minutes after I just let him out. He drives me crazy some days. He will bug us to go out, then want back in. No sooner, he wants back out again. Makes me go "grrrrr".

I just love the screech of a kid wanting her way and the crying that insues when her brother smacks her.I also love the dog who barks constantly while trying to catch bees and wasps
kadesma

Last edited:
Ha! We should be breaking this down! Under sarcasm a cat in heat when I'm trying to sleep. Kids who are allowed to whine every waking hour of the day. People who think I should like "their" music and impose it upon me from their apartment, hotel room, car. TV commercials that come on so very loud that if hubby is watching something at a reasonable volume and gets up to go to the bathroom during the commercial, it blasts me out of my book.

"Hey, ya'll, watch this!" - followed by the sound of an approaching ambulance.

Ha! We should be breaking this down! Under sarcasm a cat in heat when I'm trying to sleep. Kids who are allowed to whine every waking hour of the day. People who think I should like "their" music and impose it upon me from their apartment, hotel room, car. TV commercials that come on so very loud that if hubby is watching something at a reasonable volume and gets up to go to the bathroom during the commercial, it blasts me out of my book.

I agree with you, especially about people and their "music." I think people should use headphones. They would get better sound, and I wouldn't have to be disturbed. I'm all for people having a good time, but not at the expense of ruining mine. The TV commercials I mute automatically.

It especially bothers me when there is someone shopping and their kid is whining or screeching. They seem to enjoy the echo many stores provide with their high ceilings. The parent apparently isn't bothered by the noise so doesn't care that other people are bothered.

the sound of my kitties, if they meow i bolt from where i'm @ to check on them. the phone ringing. when i hear a baby, my woman's instinct kicks in & i zoom in on the baby to see that he/she isn't distressed for some reason that a binky & Mom/Dad won't fix. certain songs.

Back
Top Bottom