Sounds I "love" to hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I feel little hands playing with the edge of my shirt as DD starts saying "Ewe! Ewe!"

I realize that little hands are not playing. They are wiping.

What sound gets your attention more quickly than most?

That little sound an ice cold beer makes on a hot, hot day. I have the beer but , the hot, hot days are hard to come by in this area. The sound is just not the same in the house or on an average day;)

I thought this was going to be a story about female sheep.

Darn it! I always mix up "ewe" and "ew." You're not the first to call me out on it. I fear you won't be the last. I guess I need at least one flaw, right? :innocent:
Good catch!:)

"Nurse" or a sound of falling...it's a distinct sound when >70 year old hips hit the floor.

one of my parrots imitates my wife's voice perfectly, including when she's very upset about something and is looking urgently for me.

so, when he (my african grey louie) imitates dw calling "tommy, tommy, TOMMY!!!!" in that increasingly stressed tone, even though i know it's just the bird, it still raises my bp a good bit.

then louie bobs his head and chuckles, somehow knowing he got me. little feathered bastid...

Last edited by a moderator:
one of my parrots imitates my wife's voice perfectly, including when she's very upset about something and is looking urgently for me.

so, when he (my african grey louie) imitates dw calling "tommy, tommy, TOMMY!!!!" in that increasingly stressed tone, even though i know it's just the bird, it still raises my bp a good bit.

then louie bobs his head and chuckles, somehow knowing he got me. little feathered bastid...
I know how ya feel BT, I had a parrot that lived next door to us years ago. I could have killed that bloody bird. He would listen as my mom called me then would imitate her voice. When I came charging home he would give forth with the most evil ha ha ha that dirty bird. I use to call him that til he started imitating me!!!! I can't tell you what I called him then it's not allowed here!!!!!
kades

African greys are really smart. The bird that Dr. Irene Pepperberg worked with, Alex (parrot) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, was an African grey.

My mate Billy had to go to sea for a year leaving his old Mum on her own.
Billy being a good son bought his Ma a talking Parrot for $1000 to keep her company.
When he returned he could not find the Parrot.
Ma what happen to the Parrot?
Oh son the meat was so tender it just fell of the bone:)

Wind through the pines.......
Call of Wild Geese.......
Thunder when it hasn't rained in weeks.......
A Mockingbird composing a song.....
Rain........

No, no, no, Uncle Bob--those are sounds you (and I) love to hear. The thread topic is sounds you "love" to hear--meaning sounds that set your teeth on edge.

Here are the sounds I just 'love' to hear: that little click when you turn the key that means your battery is dead. The sound of sleet/icy rain on the metal roof. Dogs barking in the dark--or the phone ringing after midnight. The whippoorwill directly outside the bedroom window (he needs to add some new tunes to his list).

"Uh, honey.....!" You all know the tone.

That's what Glenn heard out of my mouth last Saturday morning as I stepped through flooding water coming from the utility room.

He was hosing off the back porch when the pipe (inside the wall) from the hose faucet burst.

Yep, NOW you know the tone.

Instead of going for a nice motorcycle ride, we sopped and mopped and plumbed.:(:neutral::mad:

I love the sounds of my daughter playing piano. Even when she uses the headphones, I still love the sounds of the keys banging, even without the tones of the electric Yamaha...I know she is doing it for herself and experiencing the pure joy of playing...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom