Spook Houses - Anybody going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

Some Like it Hot

Hi!!!!

I went to a spook house this past weekend for the first time in ages! Actually, it was 4 or 6 spook houses in one place. They are definately not the way I remembered from my younger years. Better in some ways, and not quite so good in others.

For instance, the fact that they shove you through these things like sheep. You never get to have that feeling like you are really alone in there.

Well I went, had fun, and I ran from the boogie man and ran into the wall. :wacko: Got a pretty nice bruise and bump on my shoulder as a result of it. And that all happened in the first spook house. The last one I went through was pretty cool too because you had to wear 3D glasses. The spinny tube thing was really cool because you felt like you were leaning really bad.

Anyone else going or has gone to a spook house or am I the only idiot that dared to go at my age???

Well, first off, idiotic is in the eye of the beholder. What you did was go out and have some fun-that is precisely what keeps you from getting old!!

If you want to see old & Idiotic, I'll send you some pictures of myself from Las Vegas bike week-then you'll know what old and idiotic really means!!

But I'm straying from the topic. I used to take my kids to the haunted houses when they were younger, and always had a blast!!! Right now, most of the Grandkids are still a bit young, and Sammy, the one who lives with me (7 y.o.) is talking the talk right now,but I think when push comes to shove he'll probably back out-thats OK though-I'll take him when he's ready!!!

He's still scared of the "Leprechaun" movies...:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I haven't been to one in at least 15 years when I went through one with my daughter. They did a pretty good job of decorating it and their costumes were good, but my idea of scary isn't people grabbing me as I walk through. To me it was just irritating.

If I were closer to our grandkids, I would love to go through one with them.

:)Barbara

I haven't gone in probably 30+ years. I think it was in Bysintine, New Jersey. It was fantasic, but for the life of me, I don't know why we do this to ourselves. At this age, I'm try to AVOID heart attacks! :rolleyes: :)

There are two haunted campgrounds I want to go to and probably will. I love stuff like that. Then again, I spend all day both days every weekend for 8 weeks at the Renaissance Faire.

My husband makes one at home every year. It gets creapier every time...we should start charging. LOL

Attachments

• 100_0566_2.jpg
    100_0566_2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_0560.jpg
    100_0560.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_0559_2.jpg
    100_0559_2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 162
I'd love to go but nobody else but me will go, and it's not fun alone.

Yea, I would agree with that. I went with about 15 other people and tried to make sure I was always in the middle of the pack so the spooks could not get me. I think they zeroed in on me as soon as I arrived there. They picked on me more than anyone else! No wonder I am so banged up!

I do not like being scared! It's been over 35 years since I went to one. My DH, then bf, took me to one and I gave him a black eye (by accident) trying to get out. lol Never again, I'm a scaredy cat.

Barb

Dina!!! That looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

homecook: I like being scared, it is a strange adrenalin rush for me. I remember one I went to as a youngster. I could hear the chain saw up ahead. I was maybe 11 or so and I went with several neighborhood kids. All the kids nominated me to go first!!!! So we scaled the walls leading up to chain saw man and I ran like the dickens!!! It was soooo fun and scary at the same time. Come to think about it, I think we got through that spook house in record time and I could not tell you anything else about that place except for the chain saw dude!!!! Makes me giggle to think about it now. What memories!

Some Like it Hot;708127 homecook: I like being scared said:
That's funny! My son is the same way, he helped designed some of the rooms at a couple houses here. He loves them! Heck I jump 10 feet when he comes around the corner in the house and I don't expect him. lol He thinks it's hysterical.

Barb

I haven't been in a haunted house since i was around 11 or 12 years old and the people that had it set up scared me so bad that I stood there and wet my pants. I am now 50 and I have absolutely no intentions of ever going in to another one. NO WAY! cool pics though dina.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom