Spoon Theory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Taxlady and I both mentioned running out of spoons recently. I don't know how many people here are familiar with the Spoon Theory, but I thought I'd share it for anyone who is isn't. In short, it uses spoons as a way to illustrate what it's like to live with a disability and/or chronic illness.

But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino - But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness

Thanks for reposting this. I remember the spoon theory from several months ago when it was posted, and it bears repeating. I love the analogy. :)

Thanks for the link. Yup, that's what I was talking about. I don't have chronic pain or chronic fatigue. I'm just getting old. I notice that some days I have more spoons than others.

Thinking in terms of spoons means that I plan more carefully and successfully. E.g., tomorrow we are going to Costco. I know that we will both be very low on spoons after that and putting everything away. Today I am making dipping sauces and crudités to have with the rotisserie chicken I will pick up at Costco.

Back
Top Bottom