Spring!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
The frogs are hollerin' in the pond behind us...the crocus and some early daffoldils are in bloom...the bluebirds and robins are back...the trees are budding out...thank heaven, spring is here!
I can't wait to go down to Sugar Creek and see if the bluebells are up yet.

Of course, all this doesn't mean we couldn't get 10 inches of snow next week. It has happened before. They say if you don't like the weather here, wait a few hours, and it will change.

Our tulip tree is blossoming, with no leaves, the cardinals are staking out territory, I have 6 little bitty rows in my garden planted and the dogs have been sunning themselves all day on the deck. :)

It was 70 here today, right now it's 68. Absolutly wonderful!!!! I love the feel of the warm air & cool breeze, hate the allergies that are starting though.:rolleyes:

Ok, technically spring doesnt arrive until March 21, but we'll never see spring here until late April or early May. Happy spring to those of you that get it so early!:)

Beeeee-uuuuuu-tea-ful day here today! Would you believe I cut part of our very large yard...(thats lawn to some of y'all) this afternoon! I welcome the change...but I think "Old Man Winter" is not quite done just yet:ermm:

Oh, Connie, I know what you mean. In our area there are sun-warmed hillsides blanketed in daffodils. I've noticed the birds are coming back and the yards and fields are showing "new" green. Our naked ladies are showing themselves in our back yard, too.

Another sure sign that it's spring, or nearly so, is our outside kitties can be found sunning themselves in the sunny parts of the yard or on the driveway.

Pretty soon we'll be able to open some of the doors and windows in the house. Whoopee!!!

Will not be the curmudgeon here, but I feel like it.

Just finished shovelling the ice (supposedly snow) off of our 260 foot driveway, and my back is sore.

Has been a moderately tough winter, and am waiting for the buds on the trees and the birds to be back.

Glad to here you folks are having an early spring.

God bless.

Oh Vera, when I see the robin, thats a sure sign of spring for me too. Maybe around April I will finally see one. Those song birds in the spring are great. I love the cardinals, and chickadees. Bluejays are nice, but they are loud in the morning :ermm:

Wet blanket weighing in here.

We are covered in ice and snow and the nighttime temps have been in the single digits around here for the last few nights. Not much warmer during the day.

Spring? Bah, humbug!

No signs of spring here yet. My first sign occurs on March 11th every years so I have a few more days to wait.

I have never had birds sit in the trees to see exactly where I planted my seeds...those rascals. I need to find a cute scarecrow to shooo them away! :LOL:

I'm very hesitant to post this. It is warm out there today. And it has been for the last few days. The snow is melting rapidly and most of the streets are nearly clear. We're months away from planting but I think this might be the first sign that this very long winter is nearly over.

No daffodils yet but I predict that they will start showing early next week as we get into the upper 50's! Birds have been chirping for a couple weeks or so and the raccoons and groundhogs are getting out and about. The annual pre-season golf course meeting is tomorrow (which will result in nothing) but it's a VERY good sign! I may even attempt to smoke some ribs this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom