Spring fever has arrived.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
does anyone else have spring fever? i sure do. it has been beautiful weather here this week. lost of sunshine and great temps. 61 right now at 7.30 pm.

don't want to do chores, i just want to play. been on puter a lot today , surfing here and there. did not get any chores done. had a nice long nap and did a little baking.(very little)

am i lazy or is it just spring at last. anyone one else afflected with it. lol

babe:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I too suffer from spring fever but I as yet have no reason to become afflicted. The weather has not changed significantly and we still have snow on the ground.

I'm with Andy.
I didn't even know people in SD got spring fever....

I thought spring fever was closer to June Gloom down in San Diego. haha

I sure have it though, I cant wait to spend more time outdoors!!

Yesterday, I couldn't wait to get home. The temp was 71*F, it was sunny, and traffic was light - yay! I got home, put on capri pants and a short-sleeved shirt, and sat on the porch with a glass of wine and a magazine with the dog at my feet. After DH mowed the back yard, we went for a walk in the sunshine along the river. It was glorious :)

Today we're supposed to have more of the same, but with a few more clouds. I feel like a new person with the extra daylight after work.

I will feel springy fever when our clocks change on March 30th. Right now it's still grey and raining here in Bristol....no spring fever feeling here yet!

Although, all the daffies are blooming which does make me feel a bit springy!

I am so ready to start gardening--it was warm enough this week, but the garden is still too wet from all the snow. And it is supposed to rain cats and dogs and little fishes all weekend, so no gardening for a while.

By this time last year, my peas and lettuce were up.

I cleared out the beds in my garden last weekend and added fresh mulch and woodchips. I can see some of the things I planted in the fall sprouting. I am excited about this as I had a mudpatch when I bought the house.
I cant wait until the weather warms up a bit and I can start my veggies and herbs.... spring comes slow here though and lately its been sort of dreary I am ready for some nice sunny weather.

We are doing a tree planting of something like 80 trees in my neighborhood this sunday so that should help with bringing the springy feeling. I am getting one of the trees in front of my house :) very exciting!

Last edited:
I think I'd have spring fever if I wasn't still suffering from cabin fever. We've had snow warnings the last three days. Fortunately so far the weather report was wrong. It doesn't prevent the heavy clouds and cold air though.:mad:

I've got spring fever big time! The frogs are hollerin' back by the pond, the crocus are blooming and the daffodils are up, and the blue birds are back.

Went out to the little garden we have and weeds were coming up.

Yippee! Weeds!

Normally I am not a fan of the things, but it is a sign of SPRING.

Winter may bite us again once or twice, but it is it's last gasps.

Spring and summer are almost upon us.

What a treat.

Kim had to run the deer out of my perennial bed the other day. They don't like iris, daylilies or daffodils, so they must have been eating weeds. (I hope!)

Kansas is tinkering with my mood... one day, it's 71. Then the next, it snows. Repeat every other day. grrrrrr! It's been a rough winter! My first winter as a homeowner, and it was a bad one! The warm weather bursts remind me, my motivation is just waiting to get outside!!!! ......impatiently waiting. :mad:

I've certainly got something going on with me.... My MIL thinks it's spring fever.
I can't manage to sit down, the last 3-4 weeks I am constantly running around looking for something to do! It hasn't been warm enough to go outside until this week, so the result has been an almost spotless house......
until I go to work and leave DH home with the munchkins :(

I saw my first robins yesterday!!!!!! That's enough for me:w00t2:. About a week ago I decided I was not going to wear the winter coat any longer, so I've been getting buy with just a hooded sweatshirt. The flannel sheets are coming off on Friday morning. After all, who uses flannel sheets on the first day of Spring????

Then, yesterday, during a morning walk, I noticed the two robins picking in the grass for grubs. At first, Lou and I assumed they were recon birds, sent ahead to see if the coast was clear. Then, today, I saw another one, and figured the whole brood was in town, and baby, that's enough for me!

We drank bourbon sidecars last night in honour of the two robins. I've got spring fever big time, and desire no cure, save a lovely afternoon spent working in the gardens!

Back
Top Bottom