"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
Head Chef

well, this evening its gone from warm to seriously muggy. Our cat sitter just came to collect her keys, she is from Arizona and when I said she must be laughing at us sweltering in this heat she shook her head and said that it was too hot too early and she already has a bottle of water for spritzing.

We are so hot we have been playing with our bowls of salad for a bout an hour. It was ok during the day, how come its hot NOW!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #22
Master Chef

Errrr.... just heard its suppose to snow tomorrow and be in the 30's

Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #23
Sous Chef

**** No!!!!!!......lol
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Oops, Can I Do.... H..l?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Yeah we had spring for about 2 days. Temps in the 70's. And then 24 hrs later... we got hit with another winter storm. Some areas east of me got 2 feet of snow.
I was lucky and got maybe 1 foot. It's all melted now. Still chilly.
It's sunny today so it's almost "springy"
even thought there's snow in the forecast for the weekend.

I HATE CLEVELAND WEATHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #26
Master Chef

we never had a real winter this year.. just about a handful days with freezing and now it's almost summer
sunny, no clouds and about 25C/80F
that's the way I like it
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Our weather has been a roller coaster all winter and continues to do so - one day this week it was 90 - the low tonight (after thunderstorms) in the 30's. We just never know from one day to the next. I put away my sweaters only to have to drag some of them out again. Bad weather isn't happening just in the north - it is here also.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Some unpredictable ups and downs also in Rome. The winter on the whole was quite balmy, then we got hit by a nasty big triple cold front a few weeks ago which sent us right back to winter, and it lingered for a while.
Now it is suddenly getting almost summer like, at this point you would see people who are dressed for skiing and people who are dressed for the beach all at the same time out on the streets, you are just not sure how you would prepare yourself for!!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #29
Executive Chef

Licia, tell me more about your winter. Lulu said no snow in the ALPS. Is that the whole Alps?? How can the Alps not have snow ?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Well, down in Rome it almost never snows, just a few flakes fluttering down for a few seconds at the very most. I don't think Cris's children ever saw any snow, and we have been talking about taking them to Gran Sasso in Abruzzo (within 2 hours drive from here) some time so they can play in the snow, but we haven't got around to do that yet.

Our friend with whom we stayed with in Stelvio told us, as Lulu said, very little snow in the Alps, but there are always a little snow all year around still in the higher area, we even saw a bunch of skiiers even during the month of August!! (of course, they are equipped with the artificial snow blowers too, which must have come handy this winter). The Glaciers still looked awesome to us, but I heard that they are shrinking little by little.
I surely hope this beautiful area won't suffer too much more of the global warming!!