Spring Sprung yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I'm so bloody sick of winter! This is the longest, hardest, sickest winter I have ever experienced in my life and I want SPRING! I hear from the weather office that we are supposed to have some warm weather this coming few days. Lord I hope they are right. Seems like everytime they predict nice weather we end up with some warm days and then a snow storm.

Today its warm, and SUNNY (YIPPEE!) and I am actually contemplating wearing capris. I know, I know, crazy, but its true! There is still snow on the north sides of the streets but I think I see some green bits poking out of the ground on the south side of things.

Spring sprung for you yet? What signs have you seen?

NO!

Right now it's cold and thr precipitation is switching back and forth between rain and sleet. Sunday night/Monday we are due for another major storm. Don't know what for the precip will take.

Global warming? I think not!

If Al Gore wanted to be taken seriously, he would pay our energy bills from the money he earned selling his book about global warming. :huh:

:ermm: It was warm enough to rain yesterday but it turned over to snow during the night! We are still looking at snow predictions. They predicted sunny and warmer today, but it is not. I usually do not plant until mid May but this year that may have to wait until June.

:wacko: At least I don't have to come up with any global warming soup recipes!

StirBlue said:
If Al Gore wanted to be taken seriously, he would pay our energy bills from the money he earned selling his book about global warming. :huh:

The Gore Effect's correlation is somehow still batting a thousand! Every major announcement about global warming leads to bitter cold winter weather the next day!

I believe the science (although there's nothing we can do about it because China will do anything to make money), but maybe if they keep making announcements and driving down the temps, we can keep polar bears around for a few more years!

sunny here and would be fairly warm if the wind would let up..It's sunny but chilly. Light coat or sweater helps.

kadesma

Ok--don't hate me---I had to go to the doctor's office today to freeze my bodunkus off because the staff in the back who run off their toes the entire time as Dr. Lugo is considered one of the best doctors here were perspiring---us sedentary,sit on our boondocks patients were freezing on the other hand. Outside it was in the high 70's. The weather was gorgeous for Houston--sunny and low humidity-will last exactly one week and we'll be back to the saunas.

Not sure. It tried a couple of weeks ago, then we were hit with a deep freeze blast. Our shag bark hickory tree looks pathetic. It had leafed out quite a bit but, after freezing temps, it has brown wilted leaves. Not sure how it will fare.

Buck and I spent several wonderful evenings out on our front porch during the earlier warm-up. Now we're contemplating firing up the wood stove again to heat the house and chase away the Global Warming that has crept inside. Go figure.

Our spring sprung, and the spring broke. I shouldn't complain, with all the damage the farmers have, but even the hard maple outside my kitchen window is going to have to re-bud.

Its very cold here too - and supposed to stay well below normal until early next week. I have a turtleneck on, a wool sweater and thick socks. This really sucks, we had a 2 day blip of really nice warm weather 10 days ago, just enough to make you think "ah spring is here" and tonight there is a wind chill, a freeze warning and I'm thinking about making a pot of stew.

Will winter ever end?

We went through a couple weeks of 70's to almost 90-degree weather. That apparently was all just a joke!!!!!!!!!!! It's been really cold here, windy the last several days, and EVERYTHING is yellow from the pollen. It looks like high tide outside due to the Oak tassels. It's been a terrible year for allergies.

But, all in all, it's been fairly mild here. I'm ready for the warmer days though I will be wanting these days once everything turns hot and humid!!!!!!!

There was a VERY fat Robin sitting on my fence - I mean HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring was is full-fledge here in south Texas but then we got a gloomy Easter weekend with a cold front and rain. Amanda, Christopher and I are down with the flu. Yuck! Chris has missed 3 days from daycare and I'm on my second absence from work. Spring has sprung here but it's no fun when you're feeling so sick. I hope it gets warmer for you all up there Alix.

Well over here, Spring has sprung and it's gorgeous most days ( except today!)
I went to the Garden Centre to get some organic patio cleaner as I need to have a go at getting the winter's coat of muck off it.
When it's done you can all come over for a coffee. You can sit on the new bit of patio that doesn't need cleaning.:)

I hear that in the South of England the winter giving way to the heat has left livestock owners in difficulty...the land went from poached to parched and is giving up little grass......this is normally the time of year when if you own horses you are fencing off tiny patches of land to prevent the illness associated with sugar rich lush grass.....its kind of worrying.

Here in Milan I have gone from wearing layers and layers of clothes a few weeks ago to typing now in a light skirt and vest top. Last night we needed the fan and no duvet....its up and down, but mainly getting warm, and getting warm quickly.

Well mother nature decided to bask us in the warmth and glow of spring several weeks ago only to rip the rug right out from under us and hit us with 30-40 degree temps again......errr! Yesterday it snowed but nothing that stuck. Today its suppose to be high of 50 but rain later.....like we need anymore rain.

Like you Alix I am just so sick and tierd of this cold - nasty weather.

I saw a documentary a few weeks ago about the fact that CO2 causing Global warming was all a big hoax. The basic premise was that there IS a correlation between the earth getting warmer and CO2, but the warming happens first, and THEN there is a higher concentration of CO2. They indicated that solar flares seem to be more to blame for the warming.

Well with that in mind, frankly I wouldn't mind a solar flare about now! It sounds like many of us in NAmerica are in the same boat. Weird weird cold and long winter. Farmers Almanac hasn't missed yet. It says it is supposed to be a late, wet spring and then a hot dry summer. Come ON SUMMER!

Whatever it is, weather is changing. I don't like it. I have been packing our winter clothes away since we moved. I added all my cardigans too. Normally I would expect to keep some light cardis out too wear in the evenings till Mayish. Too warm now, and we had NO snow this winter...yet its meant to be bitter in Milan, and, lets face it, its right by the Alps!

I have been asked by numerous people if the world is coming to an end because of this cold weather. For anyone still curious, the answer is no. And for anyone who is hopeful, the answer is yes, you do have to pay your energy bill.
:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom