"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #41
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
11:43 pm on Saturday, September 3

Tell your Dad his Grandkids should be listed as Versions...so your new Daughter is Munchkin 4.2...LOL!!!...wait...are you Munchkin 3 or 4?

I am just do thrilled! And happy you are both doing fine, how's Daddy and Big Sister?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #42
Master Chef

Congrats!!

Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Tell your Dad his Grandkids should be listed as Versions...so your new Daughter is Munchkin 4.2...LOL!!!...wait...are you Munchkin 3 or 4?

I am just do thrilled! And happy you are both doing fine, how's Daddy and Big Sister?
Personally I like sproutlet and sproutling. And yeah, Sprout's the youngest.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #44
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Personally I like sproutlet and sproutling. And yeah, Sprout's the youngest.
I like those, too...but your Dad is stuck on munchkins...
Old 09-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #45
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Thank you all! We are both doing wonderfully. Despite the stall in the middle (labor never fully stopped, just slowed down enough that they sent me home for a while) everything went well. No complications for either of us. I'm trying to think of it this way: I got to go home, take a bit of a break, and eat real food in the middle. I was in labor for over 24 hours, so a good meal gave me some much-needed energy. I wasn't so sanguine about it when I left the hospital Saturday around noon, but you know what they say about hindsight. We're home now and just trying to rest up!

Congrats Sprout,

Glad to hear everything went well. I had the same experience with my third and last child. My labor stopped and they "thought" they were gonna send me home. I told them I wasn't going anywhere until they got that baby out of me. I was serious, lol. My doc fixed it where I could stay and I had to be induced. But anyway, enjoy your little sprout!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #46
Half Baked

Congratulations!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #47
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Sorry it took so long for me to respond! With baby, toddler, family in town to visit, etc, things have been pretty crazy! Daddy and big sister are doing wonderfully. Daddy is a little tired, but enjoyed having some time off to bond with his new baby girl, and hang out with his big girl and me. Big sister adores her baby sister. The first thing out of her mouth when she wakes in the morning is usually "Baby Sister? Baby Sister?" She can say the baby's name, but never uses it. It's always "Baby Sister, this," and "Baby Sister, that..." Of course she's acting out a little, but she just turned 2, so I'm not sure if she's actually acting out more or if she's just being a 2-year-old and we have more responsibilities now, so it seems like more. Most of the time, though, she's cheerful and silly. She keeps us laughing!

I encountered something I didn't expect in the first week after the baby was born. I missed my older daughter immensely. She wasn't with us much while I was in the hospital, she stayed with friends and just stopped by to visit. By the time we got home I was starting to miss her. The part that surprised me, however, was how I continued to miss her. I knew my time would be divided now, and she wouldn't get quite as much attention, but I wasn't prepared for the first week. My husband and I sort of each took care of one child during that week. Since I'm nursing (and was in no condition to chase after an energetic 2-year old), naturally, I took care of the baby most of the time and DH took care of Big Sister (and me and the baby when we needed it). Even though we were in the same house, I felt like I didn't really get to spend time with her. I'm home more than DH, so she is used to coming to me first, so it was strange to see how, after only a couple short days she figured out that mommy couldn't help her much, or really play with her, so she just stopped coming to me for a bit. I'm feeling much better now and have been for several days, so she has started to come back to me a little, but she still goes to DH first for most things. He returns to work full-time on Tuesday, though, so I suppose she'll get used to coming to me again, at least while he's not here.

Overall, though, we are all doing very well. I feel better now than I did 4 weeks after having my first one, had a much easier delivery, had DH home for 1 week and working only half days, getting off at 9:30 am for another week. We've also had lots of help and support from friends and visiting family. We are very blessed!
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #48
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm glad you are doing well, I'm patiently waiting for pictures, drool...anything!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

did i miss seeing this child's name somehow? can't call her sproutling for long.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #50
Executive Chef

Sprout requested her name not be posted because anyone, including people who aren't forum members, can view the posts.