Squirrels in the attic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Bob...you are right, I don't. It sounds like deer.

Lol RonJohn, I used to do that. See first post regarding Fido, my late cat.

Aria, this sounds 'heavy', heavier than mice. I would have thought it was a raccoon if we had them in the area.

Half Baked said:
Uncle Bob...you are right, I don't. It sounds like deer.

Lol RonJohn, I used to do that. See first post regarding Fido, my late cat.

Deer huh?...Maybe it's "Rudolph" prancing and pawing with each tiny hoof!:)

If you cannot find an intrance hole I was going to suggest................maybe M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E :whistling.... or his country cousin A Big RAT has taken up residence...

Again if it is a squirrel you shoulda/woulda/oughta be able to find/see the entrance way!

" Maybe a silly question....How do you know it is Squirrels"

Good question. When I lived in Winnipeg, many people had raccoons in their attics. Never could figure out how they got in! Jan, if it is a squirrel, and you catch it, send it to me. I'll put it in my basement, and maybe it will catch the bat that keeps resurfacing down there!

It took live traps like this for us to catch the ground squirrels that tormented us a couple of summers ago.
img_393745_0_251a546c9bd029464ea41253439f721a.jpg

Uncle Bob said:
Deer huh?...Maybe it's "Rudolph" prancing and pawing with each tiny hoof!:)

If you cannot find an intrance hole I was going to suggest................maybe M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E :whistling.... or his country cousin A Big RAT has taken up residence...

Again if it is a squirrel you shoulda/woulda/oughta be able to find/see the entrance way!

OMG :ohmy: Are you telling me that a rat can climb like that or a rat has walked through my house to get up in the attic. There was some building and tree tearing down across the street from me and I know rats came over because we'd find their carcasses in the yard. One of my dogs catches everything...no squirrels in our yard. I can't believe how fast that dog is - if she smells something, her eyes start darting, she begins to tremble and if there is a flicker of movement, she gets it.

Lorraine, the squirrels are fun to watch (in other peoples' yards :-p ). Mr HB keeps reminding me that they are just hairy rats with a cute tail.

Nothing will be accomplished until after the SuperBowl. btw, Mr HB won the superbowl of his fantasy football league. He's so proud.

Let Us Know

Half Baked, I sure wish you peace that you will be able to rest soon. The situation caused me such anxiety for so long, in fact, any pest causes me anxiety. Something I don't want in the house! I am hoping you get relief.

Having the computer, i have access to information about everything that comes along. I had no idea there were wolf spiders until they came into the house. Along w/brown recluse spiders. You only think these critters are in the woods, where they are supposed to be. I just don't know why others in the family doesn't let it bother them. I really believe they could sleep through a windstorm and have the house fall down and still sleep. I love sleep too. I just want things to be safe and not have fire.

Please let us know when you get attention. Does your husband hear them? I know football important so I guess it will have to wait. I will be thinking of you when I go bait my traps. You made me more aware of it and reminded me it is beginning of the month again I better check. Hate touching the things. When I wear the gloves I can't open the box somethimes. Better quit my complaining and get going. Anyway, I hope you let us know.

Mr HB is going out to buy a trap tomorrow. I can't wait until they're gone gone gone!

Back
Top Bottom