"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Uncle Bob...you are right, I don't. It sounds like deer.

Lol RonJohn, I used to do that. See first post regarding Fido, my late cat.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Mice can make a lot of noise. Could be mice?

Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Aria, this sounds 'heavy', heavier than mice. I would have thought it was a raccoon if we had them in the area.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
Uncle Bob...you are right, I don't. It sounds like deer.

Lol RonJohn, I used to do that. See first post regarding Fido, my late cat.
Deer huh?...Maybe it's "Rudolph" prancing and pawing with each tiny hoof!

If you cannot find an intrance hole I was going to suggest................maybe M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E .... or his country cousin A Big RAT has taken up residence...

Again if it is a squirrel you shoulda/woulda/oughta be able to find/see the entrance way!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #25
Executive Chef

" Maybe a silly question....How do you know it is Squirrels"

Good question. When I lived in Winnipeg, many people had raccoons in their attics. Never could figure out how they got in! Jan, if it is a squirrel, and you catch it, send it to me. I'll put it in my basement, and maybe it will catch the bat that keeps resurfacing down there!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #26
Head Chef

It took live traps like this for us to catch the ground squirrels that tormented us a couple of summers ago.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Deer huh?...Maybe it's "Rudolph" prancing and pawing with each tiny hoof!

If you cannot find an intrance hole I was going to suggest................maybe M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E .... or his country cousin A Big RAT has taken up residence...

Again if it is a squirrel you shoulda/woulda/oughta be able to find/see the entrance way!
OMG Are you telling me that a rat can climb like that or a rat has walked through my house to get up in the attic. There was some building and tree tearing down across the street from me and I know rats came over because we'd find their carcasses in the yard. One of my dogs catches everything...no squirrels in our yard. I can't believe how fast that dog is - if she smells something, her eyes start darting, she begins to tremble and if there is a flicker of movement, she gets it.

Lorraine, the squirrels are fun to watch (in other peoples' yards ). Mr HB keeps reminding me that they are just hairy rats with a cute tail.

Nothing will be accomplished until after the SuperBowl. btw, Mr HB won the superbowl of his fantasy football league. He's so proud.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Let Us Know

Half Baked, I sure wish you peace that you will be able to rest soon. The situation caused me such anxiety for so long, in fact, any pest causes me anxiety. Something I don't want in the house! I am hoping you get relief.

Having the computer, i have access to information about everything that comes along. I had no idea there were wolf spiders until they came into the house. Along w/brown recluse spiders. You only think these critters are in the woods, where they are supposed to be. I just don't know why others in the family doesn't let it bother them. I really believe they could sleep through a windstorm and have the house fall down and still sleep. I love sleep too. I just want things to be safe and not have fire.

Please let us know when you get attention. Does your husband hear them? I know football important so I guess it will have to wait. I will be thinking of you when I go bait my traps. You made me more aware of it and reminded me it is beginning of the month again I better check. Hate touching the things. When I wear the gloves I can't open the box somethimes. Better quit my complaining and get going. Anyway, I hope you let us know.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #29
Head Chef

I agree with jkath and get a professional out there to take care of the problem.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Two of my brothers trap pests like squirrels and racoons as a sideline business. Look in the Yellow Pages for Pest Removal.