Stanley Cup Finals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Did anyone out there watch the Stanley Cup finals on NBC last night?

The final game in the championship series was the lowest rated prime time show EVER on NBC!

HH read to me from the sports page this morning that the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim took the cup.

A California hockey team....that must be especially galling to you, Andy.

:rolleyes: yes i watched and was delighted as i predicted the ducks would take it in 5 plus won the pool at work

no one wants to watch an outcome that seems inevitable

mudbug said:
...A California hockey team....that must be especially galling to you, Andy.

mudbug.

if hockey disappered from the planet, I wouldn't even notice for quite a while. I focus on baseball and football.

I listen to sports radio, and they were lamenting the lack of interest so I thought I'd ask. We have some serious hockey fanatics here, including my BIL, and they are all crying about the elimination of fighting from hockey, something I never understood.

Growing up we lived hockey. My bother made it all the way to the NHL for a while. That league is so screwed up it has no hope. I knew it was on, but didn't bother watching.

Up until they cancelled the season and playoffs in the lockout, I had seen every Stanley Cup handed out dating back to about 1985. Now I really don't much care about it.

John

ronjohn, we both bleed hockey blood. alas, i too did not bother to watch the cup being raised this year.
my cup addiction go back to '74-'75.
back then, my older brother used to take old couch cushions and a bunch of my dad's old belts and "suit me up" to play goalie so he could practice his shot. our goal was a coupla garbage cans stacked up, a 2x4 for the crossbar, and the net an old beadspread. sometimes, they weren't that old... :angel:
i was really excited the christmas he bought me a jacques plante style mylec mask and my very own stick.
(i got him back years later when i broke my goalie stick and the only one i could find in the house was his eddie giacomin signed stick, so i used it and got it well marked up...:huh: )

getting back to depressing times: i noticed a tremendous lack of the normal advertising about the finals this year. very few promos on nbc, espn, and versus about when the games were on. it's like they gave up.

I would've watched it if the Devils hadn't gotten knocked out in semifinals. I love hockey but I'd rather watch baseball if my team isn't playing.

Last edited:
Bucky, they haven't given up, but that idiot from the NBA running things actually went on TV after NBC (rightfully so based on ratings) pre-empted overtime of AN ELIMINATION GAME IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS and talked about how this new TV deal with VS and NBC is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE WITH ESPN. ?!?!?!?

So, the new deal, that you don't get paid for and is on 85% FEWER cable networks in the US, is better than the one you DID get paid for, and was on virtually EVERY cable system.

Riiiiiiiight... :wacko:

Wonder what color the sky is in HIS world?

John

buckytom said:
you a devils' worshipper too, cherry red? :devilish:

i think i love you... :wub:

I love the Devils! I've always been big on hockey. In high school I spent 2 or 3 years as manager of the boys' varsity team. Loved every second of it. Now I just stick to watching NHL games but I didn't watch many after the Sens took out my team. Grrrr. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom