started w/hamburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Does anyone notice that the meat they buy does not smell the way it used to? First, I noticed it was the hamburger did not smell or taste right even when it was raw. Now yesterday, made a roast and instead of smelling like beef smelled and tasted like something I could not bring myself to eat No matter the seasoning, which was only salt and pepper to begin with, was like trying something foreign. I am really starting to question the store as I have shopped there for many many years and it is family chain locally.

Since I had the expense I am going to let them know how I feel but truly resent doing so as they have tried to please me whenever I make personal requests.

i just wondered if any of you noticed it or if I am questioning what we are eating?

Thanks

Do not feel bad about letting them know what you have found. I am sure any reputable store would want to know this information. They would probably be very thankful to you if you helped uncover a problem.

I have not had a problem with any of the meat I have purchased recently.

Nothing different for me, even with thosoe cheap steaks. They smell exactly like fresh beef.

You may want to check (ask) if they have changed suppliers recently, and/or changed to a lower grade of beef --- From Choice to Select for instance.

I've had no problems here....Complain to them about your recent purchase??? You bet!!!!!!!

Thanks all. If I ever want understanding and help this is the place I feel so blessed to receive.

I surely will do as you suggest and ask them about this. Kind of makes person feel embarrassed that the meat you take time and effort to prepare doesn't taste right. Who can eat something like this? Times are not easy at this time and then I have to complain? But at same time, I would not feel right eating this. Just wonder what was wrong with this?

We drove out to a country store yesterday after this incident and this meat didn't smell or taste like the one I bought at regular store. What a relief! I surely had thoughts of not getting good meat. All this upset going on with companies going out of business and us taking so many Chinese products. My brother always tells me not fair to the people of this country. He thinks further than the food I prepare.

Thanks again. Just hope no one wants to eat this when I take it back. always have someone going through my trash cans early in morning looking for something to eat. I often wonder if I should put a sandwich in the garbage for him. Person has flashlght and hear them opening my cans. this really is sad.

Ask and you receive. If you all didn't approve of what I thought, maybe I would have just accepted the fact that the meat was not edible. However, I called the store and they are sending me gift card for the cost of the meat. Claimed there are times when meat isn't what they expect! I was just grateful they believed me and wants to keep me as customer. However, the meat I prepared tonight had such good flavor and tender I really want to continue going out there to buy mainly my meat. Once you get experience like this, hard to try to buy something from them again. As I said, been going there long time.

Thank you all for the time and most of all advice and support. Really appreciate it. Take care of yourselves and always buy the meat that smells and tastes good. Only have one body.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom