Starting a collection, can I have yours :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Hi all of you fine folks.
I have decided that I need to get something new.
Only problem is, I want any and all I can find.
I have a new affection for covered butter dishes.
I need all you don't want. Happy to pay shipping.
My DH promised to make me a showcase if it gets to be real collection.
Please don't advise me to go to EB@y. I already have:ohmy:.
And I'm scared what's gonna arrive....soon.........:huh:
PM me if you have one that I can hornswaggle you out of:-p

Now, what do you collect or need? Just ask you never know....
Any takers????

sorry lefse, i have no butter dishes, although i may be allowed to look into my mil's stuff.

i collect american currencies, btw. right now, i'm collecting ones with pictures of lincoln and jackson on them, so if anyone happens to have some around i'd love it if you could send them to me... :rolleyes:

Do you have a "type" preference, LEFSE? Or, is any one fair game? Covered butter dishes come in glass, china, ceramic, plastic, metal, etc. I'll look and see what we might have that we don't need and/or want any longer.

You might also check into FreeCycle in your area. That's a good resource for finding all kinds of things...for free. Yeah!

I don't own even ONE butter dish!!!

I have a "fancy" for bowls - :bb: It's not like I have a LOT, but I certainly have more than I need! LOL

PLEASE take my butter dish I HATE the thing!

It's heavy and ceramic and the cover has no handle. Hard to pick up sometimes.

I started to collect Swarovski crystal pieces. Until I had 2 more babies, quit my real job and got poor. Now I just collect dust. And legos in my foot.

Last edited:
Wow, suzie! I collected those same things when we were raising our 5 children. Gotta love the lego marks on the bottom of our feet.:wacko::LOL:

Yeah. I can hardly wait til little miss here is old enough to add Barbie shoes into the mix. It's been a long time but I remember they HURT! :ohmy::ohmy:

You should check out any thrift stores near you. We have a Habitat for Humanity thrift shop and a Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters thrift shop nearby.
They are a good place to find such items.
Once spring and summer get here, another good source might be Yard/Garage sales. Good Luck!!

sorry lefse, i have no butter dishes, although i may be allowed to look into my mil's stuff.i collect american currencies, btw. right now, i'm collecting ones with pictures of lincoln and jackson on them, so if anyone happens to have some around i'd love it if you could send them to me... :rolleyes:
Oh BuckyTom, please check MIL's stuff, yes please!
I have a dollar bill, it's not real old, I mean in the grand scheme of things, but it's completely smeared. The green ink is everywhere. I don't know how it passed inspection, but I have it just the same and love it.
Do you have a "type" preference, LEFSE? Or, is any one fair game? Covered butter dishes come in glass, china, ceramic, plastic, metal, etc. I'll look and see what we might have that we don't need and/or want any longer.

You might also check into FreeCycle in your area. That's a good resource for finding all kinds of things...for free. Yeah!
Never heard of freecycle and after looking it up online just now, I don't think I have one in my neck of the woods. I want any and all. I'd really love plain ole glass clear with no chips if possible. After that, I'm open to all.
A year ago cleaning out my mothers house to sell it, I tossed about 25 sets of her collected salt and pepper shakers. I am so mad at myself for doing that. But I was alone, doing it by myself, annoyed, overworked, stressed and too busy to think about bringing all this stuff home. In the dumpster it all went. What a waste.

Last edited:
TOSSED Salt and Peppers? EGADS!!!
Some of those could have been worth a lot!

My Mom collected Depression glass. If I had more time and energy, I would go through the 150 liquor boxes of glass I have and look for some for you. Pity you don't do refrigerator boxes, I have a couple of those on a shelf.

(Was ebaying the stuff, but without pattern ID, it's a waste of time. And IDing the patterns was a lot like work. I will stick to my ephemera, thank you.)

LEFS- PM me your address , I'll check my Grams stuff and our Salvation army. If I find any I'll send them along.

TOSSED Salt and Peppers? EGADS!!!
Some of those could have been worth a lot!

My Mom collected Depression glass. If I had more time and energy, I would go through the 150 liquor boxes of glass I have and look for some for you. Pity you don't do refrigerator boxes, I have a couple of those on a shelf.

(Was ebaying the stuff, but without pattern ID, it's a waste of time. And IDing the patterns was a lot like work. I will stick to my ephemera, thank you.)
Oh please go through your mom's depression glass, I'd love ya lots

Oh she had GREAT fun collecting it!
And up until ebay went public, it was a nice investment.

Now, local auctioneers tell me "hold it till the Depression glass market
recovers... 5 to 10 years probably."

Weee haw.

LEFSE... you don't understand.. I wasn't kidding. There are ACTUALLY 157 boxes of
this stuff, and it is marked "green glass" or "blue glass" or such, so I have no idea
where the butter dishes are. The thought of digging through it is too scary....
wayyy toooo scary! LOLOL sorry.

these were started just a little over an hour apart

Should these two be joined? I started mine for a butter dish reason. Hum, I think two threads both on collecting started very close in time, could confuse. It is okay to join if mods think so, just an idea, cause I started it first and "I'M" confused:wacko:

LEFSE... you don't understand.. I wasn't kidding. There are ACTUALLY 157 boxes of
this stuff, and it is marked "green glass" or "blue glass" or such, so I have no idea
where the butter dishes are. The thought of digging through it is too scary....
wayyy toooo scary! LOLOL sorry.
Oh no GrillinFool, what you don't understand is I can come to RDU and help you sift through it all:clap::clap:

Back
Top Bottom