Stealing Packages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess there is something to be said for living in a small town. If someone stole a package from my front porch, if we weren't home, a neighbor would have that person tracked down before I got back from the grocery store.

Tghe theives are no dummies. In this part of the country, they are hitting the upscale communities. They follow the UPS trucks. :angel:

So...my Hubby was waiting for a package. He had ordered a shifter boot for the truck. It didn't come so he tracked the package on line. It said that the UPS truck had delivered it. When he called the UPS folks, they said that the record said that they gave it to a woman who met the truck in the driveway....I'm the only female living at this address, so I thought maybe I had gone crazy or something and received a package and forgot about it. I am the type that would meet the truck in the driveway...long story short, the next day before he called to ask about ordering another boot, I went outside to go to my car and someone had dropped off the package on the front deck. We are pretty sure that it was delivered to the wrong address and the neighbor re-delivered it after two days of it being at their house. It was not messed with or opened, just left for us as if the delivery driver had left it. They did run over the culvert on the way out of the driveway, but no worries. At least there are good people out there!

You don't hear stories about this problem coming out of Everett, Chelsea or Dorchester do you? :angel:

No, the thieves in those parts of town are usually dealt with locally and are never seen again. On the other hand, if you went to the other side of my town and asked folks if mine was an upscale neighborhood, they'd assure you it was not.

Beacon Hill, Dover, Wellesley, Weston, parts of Newton and Brookline are upscale to me.

No, the thieves in those parts of town are usually dealt with locally and are never seen again. On the other hand, if you went to the other side of my town and asked folks if mine was an upscale neighborhood, they'd assure you it was not.

Beacon Hill, Dover, Wellesley, Weston, parts of Newton and Brookline are upscale to me.

I never thought of Beacon Hill as being upscale. But I guess you are right. The rent alone speaks to that. My granddaughter's husband is a policeman in Everett. They have an unmarked car following the UPS trucks. They have had a few attempts in that city. From what Val tells me, they target single family houses, (speaks money) and if they have a porch. And they prefer quiet side streets. No car in the driveway. If my son The Pirate was still practicing his illegal activities, I could give every grandchild a present at almost no cost. As result of him turning around and going straight, not one grandchild will be receiving anything this year or any year. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom