Storms, Tornadoes, Fires - Is everyone okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope.:(

The storms through AL and GA from yesterday were horrible, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
More storms today across the east coast today.

Nope.:(

The storms through AL and GA from yesterday were horrible, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
More storms today across the east coast today.

There were 32 deaths in Mississippi, 15 in Tennessee, and 8 in Virginia (so far)...Will you remember those families as well???

There were 32 deaths in Mississippi, 15 in Tennessee, and 8 in Virginia (so far)...Will you remember those families as well???

Yes I will. It is so very sad. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

Tornadoes went past north and south within 10 miles of me, but no reported major damage or any injuries. It's been an interesting, and very sad spring thunderstorm season so far!

Hunkered down in Arkansas!

We're fine, but many of our friends and community neighbors are not. We've been plagued with severe storms, heavy rains (resulting in horrid flooding) and tornadoes. Authorities began evacuating folks from severely flooded areas day before yesterday. There's concern that the dams and levies won't hold. Several more tornadoes struck Monday night here. Now the word is that the damage from the recent storms will total more $$-wise than the big ice storm of January 2009.

Glenn and I have been lucky, the most damage we've sustained are some broken trees and big limbs down. So far, so good......

Last edited:
So far just tornado watches & warnings here, I haven't heard of any touching down near us. Pretty bad thunder storm with strong winds last night, but I didn't see evidence of any damage when I drove through town today.

We had a tornado watch for several hours in the early morning, but thankfully no tornadoes near us. A lot of lightning and wind though (along with a little rain and thunder). One of our trees was whipping around harder than I have ever seen it do, but no damages here.

Does anyone know Mollyanne's real name and age?

It got up to 19C (66F) here, with winds gusting up to 90 km/hr (55 miles/hr). I didn't have time to enjoy it. :(

Our thoughts & prayers are with everyone suffering with any type of devastation. This is a great thread.

I, for one, appreciate hearing from everyone with severe weather, to hear you are okay. All of you. thank you.

Where is Mollyanne at this time (she was in NC)? It makes me wonder if we lost her or other posters through these storms or in other ways (sickness or ??).

Thinking of you all. Hoping for the best. If I ever leave DC, I'll say good-bye if it is possible. Tracking down your DC friends, those you admire, those you care about, can be difficult.

Came here to see if anyone had word on Mollyanne...I see nothing yet.

At one time members could PM....I think it was Alix....a contact phone number just for situations like this one...Obviously it was strictly voluntary..Maybe that idea, or something like it needs to be revisited......

Came here to see if anyone had word on Mollyanne...I see nothing yet.

At one time members could PM....I think it was Alix....a contact phone number just for situations like this one...Obviously it was strictly voluntary..Maybe that idea, or something like it needs to be revisited......

Excellent idea.

Or a field in our profile that doesn't show. We have the option of showing birthday without the year. The admins can see the year.

Praying for all those effected by this weather. May is tornado season for us. I hope All of our friends are well.

I read about this second wave yesterday, nature is a very cruel and indiscriminate force.I feel very sorry for those affected by this disaster.

What a special room filled with such caring people from all over. I'm sorry I worried anyone but I just got very serious-minded in a flash when the tornadoes hit and I immediately focused on the disaster surrounding me as it's part of my work. Thank you so much for your concern. You all are the nicest group of people.

I only experienced flying debris falling on my property from the tornado pictured below that started in Sanford NC. But my complete focus and priorities shifted away from relaxing and laughing and having fun here on the computer as I came face to face with families in crisis through the work I do.

I hear the saddest of stories there because I come face to face with families that not only lost everything and need a place to stay in the inn (attached to the hospital) but also families who have loved ones in critical care in the hospital here....many are still here in ICU, Rehab, etc.

One mother I speak often with described being in her home with her husband while her son was in his truck in the back yard. The tornado picked up his truck and placed it down in the front yard. The young man wanted to protect his parents so he got out of the truck and never made it to the house. The tornado slammed him into the house, lifted the roof off and crashed it down on top of him. The mom found him with insulation in his eyes, nose, and mouth. He was blue, not breathing, and medical help was overwhelmed so it took 45 min to arrive. She prayed as she waited for paramedics to arrive. A stranger appeared to help her lift the roof off of him. She said he disappeared as quickly as he came. Her son's pulse returned. I told her it sounded like the man that helped her was an angel. Her son is now alive and stable...their biggest concern right now is that he might lose his eyesight. Another mother told me of her son who was pinned under an overturned car and will be paralyzed now. There are many more sad stories.

I just couldn't face these situations and then get online and be light and happy. I didn't realize you all would be so concerned and I'm touched by it. Thank you. I can't wait to come back and have some fun here again and get all inspired to cook some of your delicious ideas again...you all are invaluable.

This pic was taken by a friend of the Disaster Director for the Red Cross here in NC. This tornado started in Sanford and was the one that dropped debris from the sky onto my property here in Cary...but that was all. Another tornado devasted businesses across the street from where I work but, again, didn't touch where I work:
Henderson County Red Cross - Together We Can Make a Difference

Attachments

• NC Tornado.jpg
    NC Tornado.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 166
OMG I'm SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK I WAS WORRIED EVERY DAY! Thank God!

Speaking for everyone here, We were concerned, are so glad you are safe and well. We are mighty proud of the work you do and thank God for folks like you!!!

I'm really glad to hear that you are okay. You must be exhausted. That must have been terrifying. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for catching up with us. It's great what you're doing. Pop in once in awhile to keep us in your loop. {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom