Strange name for pudding....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keltin

Washing Up
Anyone ever heard of this stuff? :LOL:

Pudding.jpg

It's not cheap either!

Katie E said:
If I'm correct, it's a British dish that is a steamed-type pudding with currants and such. Where'd you find it, keltin? It seems like an unusual food for your geographical area.

I haven’t found any yet, at least not locally (but I did find plenty for mail order). I saw this posted on another forum. At first, I thought it was one of those gag product labels that someone had doctored up, but apparently its real. After reading about it, it sounds tasty......I just don't think I could tell someone outloud what I was eating.....especially not on the phone. :ROFLMAO:

Katie is spot on. Have never had it but hear it is delicious. It is a British steamed pud with currants, also known as spotted dog. Supposedly the term dick and dog both refer to dough. So the dish is a whitish dough with raisins, sorry currants. And so spotted dough, or dick or dog.

Buy a number of British foods, but have never seen spotted dick.

Hope you enjoy it.

Is there a full moon tonight? Keltin, you rambunctious fellow, you might want to remove your spotted dick from the can before you microwave it. (Do I dare post a reply to Lef's Richard Gere post?)

How odd to see this now. About 3 weeks ago while shopping I saw this at the grocery store where I shop. They have a small section with many imported items and several made by Heinz..I'll have to look see if it's still there..They also had a bottle that looked like a lemony colored mayo that was a dressing of some sort..Humm..I need to look closer the next time. Who knows what you might be missing:LOL:
kadesma

kadesma said:
..Humm..I need to look closer the next time. Who knows what you might be missing:LOL:
kadesma

Yep. There must be a full moon out tonight. :ROFLMAO:

Just Googled Heinz spotted dick and it is available on the web.

kadesma said:
How odd to see this now. About 3 weeks ago while shopping I saw this at the grocery store where I shop. They have a small section with many imported items and several made by Heinz..I'll have to look see if it's still there..They also had a bottle that looked like a lemony colored mayo that was a dressing of some sort..Humm..I need to look closer the next time. Who knows what you might be missing:LOL:
kadesma

So, you’re saying you were in the market and spotted spotted dick? Smashing!

I wonder, were you spotted spotting spotted dick? :ROFLMAO:

keltin said:
So, you’re saying you were in the market and spotted spotted dick? Smashing!

I wonder, were you spotted spotting spotted dick? :ROFLMAO:
I sure hope not, I did my best to disguise myself..:LOL: And I hid behind a box of digestives:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

HA!!! Oddly enough I found this at the Kroger chain of grocery stores... it was 4.99 there and was mixed in with the spanish food section.

sattie said:
HA!!! Oddly enough I found this at the Kroger chain of grocery stores... it was 4.99 there and was mixed in with the spanish food section.

That's a Spanish dish known as Spotted Rico.

keltin said:
At first, I thought it was one of those gag product labels that someone had doctored up, but apparently its real.

If you like the gag labels, I've got a good one I made several years ago.

Andy M. said:
That's a Spanish dish known as Spotted Rico.

They had a plain version of it right beside it... you know without the spots? But the name was much different than Spotted Dick without the Spotted. I can't remember what it was called, I was just surprised it was on the shelf!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom