"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefellas View Post
Chico , my male cat,just loves to eat olives, and yoghurt with honey. Cassandra, my female thinks that Danish butter cookies are divine.She also enjoys eating cheese and greens beans in tomato sauce.[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Oh my, the one on the left looks exactly like my Charlie. I'll have to attach a picture tonight when I get home.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #22
Cook

While the weird things dogs will eat is amusing, if you feed your dog people food, please be aware that some foods we eat are bad for dogs.
Grape and raisins are very toxic to dogs
Bread Dough (yeast) can poison your pet (gastric distention, respiratory problems, death)
Chocolate can kill your pet (depends of many factors - type of chocolate, amount consumed, size and health of dog)
Moldy Food (no moldy cheese you hate to throw away)
There are many other people foods that are bad for dogs. Some will surprise you.
I am not a vet but this info is available on the internet from those that are. Just search on "food bad for dogs".
Remember your dog will never have the intelligence greater than a 6 year old child.
Would you let your 6 year old make his/her own decision about what to eat?

Yes, I know wolfs and other animals, in the wilds, eat what they want. They also have short life spans.
And your house pet is not a wolf (I hope). Dogs are domesticated animals that bare no resemblance to wild animals. They depend on us to care for them and in return they give total love.
So be kind to your buddy and feed him dog food.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

thomas likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post
had two brother Siamese cats growing up...both liked the water dish to be off the floor, and as soon as we elevated it they stopped drinking from the flowers etc.

One cat loved cantaloupe, the other was crazy for asparagus. Both liked anything smoked or barbecued or grilled and always came around for the summer backyard dinner events no matter how many people were invited and invading their territory.

my cat loves cantaloupe, as well as watermelon and honey dew melon.

like papaya as well. won't eat fish or chicken in any state raw or cooked. ditto shrimp.

babe
Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #24
Master Chef

Cats: Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast, Mesquite Smoked Barbecue Chicken Breast, Alaskan King Crab Legs, Roast Goose. . .

Dogs: "Kitty Snacks", "Pony Snacks" (I'll leave those to your imagination; tater tots, peas & carrots, ice cream Bon Bons (this was before it was known that chocolate was bad for dogs), marshmallows, Sugar Wafer cookies. . .
Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #25
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
We adopted our 2 cats 3 months ago... they haven't wanted anything too strange... My ex's dog loved kalamata olives and peas though. Was soo funny!!!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

This being a cooking forum, at least you guys could call "kitty snacks" by its proper name: Feline Fudge
Don't know what pony snacks are called, but I bet they're heavy on the ivermectin flavor during worming times.

My two older dogs don't really eat anything I would say is weird. They'll eat any food item I toss they're way, my GSD just looks at it longer and chews. My Presa snatches it out of mid air and it's gone. My puppy hasn't gotten anything much except kibble, but he seems fond of hair..... He always has some of my GSD's hair hanging from his mouth, whether he pulls it directly out of her tail or finds a tumbleweed on the floor.

Dealing with other people's dogs I've had the misfortune of running into some very interesting (and embarrasing to them) "food groups" , but I've also saved them time in the laundry room looking for missing items
Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Omigosh, what a fun thread! We used to have a terrier, Montgomery, who feasted on locusts after one of the 17-year appearances. He ate them like they were potato chips and relished them.

We also had an Himalayan cat, Topaz, who loved frozen broccoli. Gobbled it up like it was Cracker Jack. Topaz was an incredible kitty. Probably one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen and a "real" kitty. No stuck-up purebred snobbery. She was a doll and the whole family mourned when she died.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #28
Master Chef

My dog loves fruits and vegetables. These are the veggies that he like cooked: asparagus, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, and carrots. He likes many raw veggies: radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. His favorite fruits are oranges, apples, and bananas. It is a good thing that he likes meat or I would think that he had become and vegetarian on me.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #29
Executive Chef

Our dog loves fruits and veggies. Apples, oranges, strawberries, kiwi, carrotts, and junk food like gummies and twizzlers courtesy of my husband

We recently moved, and have a lot of cats around here, so my dog has taken to eating cat poo odd, but true as others have mentioned. Protein I guess. Will try to break him of that nasty habit.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #30
Sous Chef

Are u telling me that, that adorable dog in ur av eats cat poop amber? :S
LOLLLL tell me it aint so :D:D:D:D