"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #31
Sous Chef

My dalmation will steal green peppers from the garden, eat crickets and pick her own red raspberries from the bush. My DS's black lab from hades will pick corn from the stalk, pick cherries off the tree and eats black ants. My cat likes flies, dry dog food, and strawberries!! My dalmation had an affinity for onions, when I mentioned this to her vet, he said to stop it; it causes thinning of the blood which could lead to bleeding out if cut!! PLEASE, don't let your pets have onion!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnT View Post
My dalmation will steal green peppers from the garden, eat crickets and pick her own red raspberries from the bush. My DS's black lab from hades will pick corn from the stalk, pick cherries off the tree and eats black ants. My cat likes flies, dry dog food, and strawberries!! My dalmation had an affinity for onions, when I mentioned this to her vet, he said to stop it; it causes thinning of the blood which could lead to bleeding out if cut!! PLEASE, don't let your pets have onion!!!
No onions,grapes,raisins,chocolate,macadamia nuts there more but what I have listed can be lethal if to much of it is eaten

Old 01-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #33
Master Chef

Here is my carrot eater!

Wanted to share this pic with you folks... it's my Binker-boy eating his carrot! Oh, he found a dryer sheet too, he likes those for some reason! Guess he wants to smell good and be static free!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #34
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Binker-boy is adorable!!!

Barbara
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #35
Senior Cook

He's so cute ! ! !
Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Oh, Sattie... to have a little dog would be heaven!! He is soooooooo oooo oooooooo cute!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Binker boy Cute name. Dryer sheets are good for an imprompto dry bath of your pooch. It helps to mask doggie odor if you suddenly have someone drop by and your pooch isn't up to snuff. Not sure about chewing on them thoughhhh

Here's a pic of my new pooch. He has taken to eating anything that isn't his lately I really have to keep an eye on this guy when I don't hear him playing with my other dogs. Some of you may remember him from my old avatar. He has grown
His breeder wanted a pic of everyone in his litter for some kind of collage thing she's working on, in the classic Ridgeback sitting pose with head turned no less. I hadn't even started his formal training yet, but he picked up sit and stay in about 5 minutes and sitting with his head turned and not moving in another 5.... long enough for a quick pic anyway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pierce4sit.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	3325  
Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #38
Master Chef

Beautiful dog pacanis!!!

Binks rubs on the dryer sheets... he does not eat them. Usually they are the ones that have been used up and fall out of the clothes as I am folding them. All the sudden I look up and Binks has this look on his face... "look at what I got mommy!" He is soooo silly!

Dawn, he is my little toot!!! I don't know what I would do without him sometimes!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, sattie. He's going through that gangly stage right now, but he almost looks normal sitting

Somewhat topic related.... here he is at feeding time at his breeder's house..... along with his littermates
Dinnerbell by letaba -- Revver Online Video Sharing Network
Old 01-16-2008, 04:22 AM   #40
Master Chef

My dogs (Jack Russell mutts) loved fruit. Anything but citrus. Also carrots and celery. Part of their mix was chihuahua, and I've been told that is common in that breed. The doctor told us if they love fruit and vegetables (raw), then give it to them for an occaisional treat. Good lord knows they lived to an ancient old age. Keiki is still with us at 15 years old, her mom passed last year after outliving the vet's prediction of a few months to live (she lived a healthy, happy life for 18 mos after that, thanks to science diet k/d). But give Keiki a few bits of your apple, and she is happy. It is interesting that your dog is named Jake. When I worked for a vet we had a mini bull terrier client named Jake that would eat anything. That dog had more surgery than you could believe. Push pins, nails, washers. If he could fit it in his mouth he swallowed it. At least my Keiki pretty much sticks to edible items! Her mom did have one unfortunate episode with chocolate. That was bad. And the mac nuts weren't a great idea either, but not as poisonous as the chocolate.